chapter 9 ✦ ambushed

We followed the floating map through the jungle. Regina enchanted it and I knew it's a bad idea. Pan's going to have them by the neck. We slid our feet down a little hill, which led us to a clearing. I grabbed a Lost Girl's arm and told her to take the others to surround the clearing to prepare for battle.

"Get your weapons out and prepare for battle." I announced. "Pan, he's here. I can feel his smugness." We continued down the hill until we were fully in the clearing.

"No one's here. Maybe your spell was wrong, Regina." Mary Margaret whined, looking all around the clearing as my girl's surrounded it.

"Yes, blame me again." Regina rolled her eyes, hissing.

"He's mad." I whispered to myself. "Usually, I'd be fond of breaking his rules but this is a bad idea." Suddenly, a shadow stood across from us with it's back faced to us. There he is.

"Guys, hold on." Emma stepped closer to it. Her eyes lit up with excitement. "Is that? Henry!" She ran up but stopped when the figure turned around. Peter Pan.

"Hi Emma." Pan spoke with a little smile, tugged on the corner of his mouth.

"Where the hell is Henry?" She growled. Pan took a step up the hill, smirking down at us.

"You broke the rules. That's not fair. Bad form." He started to monologue, reaching half way up the hill. "I'd expect more from you, Captain."

"Aye and you'll get it." Hook threatened, glaring at Pan and clenching his teeth.

"Give Henry to me." Emma demanded, gripping her cutlass. Pan laughed.

"Sorry, can't. Don't you know?" He retorted, getting to the very top. "Cheaters never win." Howling echoed and The Lost Boys made themselves known, appearing from every aspect of the clearing. Everyone back away with surprise but not me.

"Watch out for their arrows. They're laced with Dreamshade." Hook warned, serving the area. No shit.

"Now!" I screamed to my girls. They all jumped out of the bushes and trees and rushed into action, fighting the boys. Lost Boys fired arrows from everywhere. I looked over my shoulder to see David repelling them off of his sword while Mary Margaret returned fire with her arrow set. I trailed up the hill to see Pan, standing there and enjoying the action. I quickly charged at him but, he, holding a sword of his own, blocked my sword.

"You real think I didn't come prepared?" He asked, putting a fake hurt face on.

"I know you better than that, Pan." I bitterly laughed. My swung my sword at him, aiming for his legs but, he fought it off.

"I'm fairly impressed. Why don't you join the boys and I? You know, for old times sake. You'd make a nice addition to our little family." He offered, stopping the fight between us.

"I'd never leave my girls." I declined, raising my sword and cutting his cheek. Anger pumped through his veins and he waved his hand, forcing me to be pinned down. He put the sword to my neck, smirking.

"Have you've changed your mind about our deal?" He asked, pressing the blade into my throat, causing me to wince.

"My 'no' still stands." I repeated. He gripped my arm, putting me in a chokehold. The battle stopped and I was held in Pan's arm. He blew a whistle with his lips and the Lost Boys rushed up behind him. Pan threw me over to Felix and he caught me with a grip even tighter. Pan turned around and hovered his hand over my face, making my body turn numb and my eyes melt. He faced Emma and the others and stepped forward.

"Remember what I told you. That map will show you where Henry is when you stop denying who you really are." He hissed, smiling. "I'll make sure to send Henry your regards." The Lost Boys hooted and hollered. My eyes drooped some more and I could see my body being picked up in Felix's arms. That's when everything went black.