chapter 6 ✦ peak of hope

I looped the rope on my shoulder and under my arm as I stared up Deadman's Peak. I faced the group and the Lost Girl, putting one foot on the wall of the peak.

"I'll climb up and pull you guys up when I get to the top." I instructed and I started to climb. I gripped onto the rocks of the peak. I groaned, coming to the top and crawling to the ground with sweat rushing down my forehead. I struggled to my feet and found the nearest tree. I unwrapped the rope from under my arm and tied it to the tree. I secured it and threw it down to the peak. I gave David a thumbs up, stepping back from the edge. Suddenly, I felt a presence behind me and I immediately knew who it was. I whipped around with my hair flying all over the place but, nobody was there. My eyebrows knitted together and I slowly turned back around. I jumped back to the sudden appearance of Pan. He started to laugh as I breathed in and out.

"What do you want, Pan?" I hissed, my eyes on the bottom of the cliff. He stepped closer so that he was next to me. I leaned my hand down to my satchel and unleashed my sword, turning to him and pointing it at him. His eyes trailed up my body and I felt disgusted. He smirked and put his hands in his pockets.

"I want to make a deal you can't resist." He spoke in his British accent.

"No." I plainly said, glancing down at the peak and back up at him.

"Come on, Riles. You didn't even let me finish." Pan taunted, laughing a little bit. A shock ran through my body at that name.

"Don't call me that!" I demanded, getting closer with my sword.

"Oh yes I forgot!" He called out, giving himself a clap. "Your father called you that." He started. I felt myself become soft to those words and I lifted my sword higher. My eyes glazed over with that familiar feeling of depression and anxiety. "But, he left you for dead, all alone in a little row boat that helped you find your way to this little island." Tears threatened to spill but, I held them back. He smirked. I lowered my sword and stared at him. "What if I told you that you could get revenge on your father?" I put the sword all the down and put it back in my satchel. "I can see we-" I threw my hand forward causing it to release a wave of magic, knocking him against a tree. I teleported in front of him, getting my sword back out and pressing it against his neck. He smiled, widely which gave off that he was amused.

"Tell me, Pan. Why would I want to see him again? If he was a real man then, he would've came looking for me a long time ago instead of letting me rot in hell on this island." I rambled on. He laughed, loudly and hysterically.

"You're so stupid. You can't even remember your father. It's a pity that you don't know what's really going on." He teased.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked, pushing the sword deep onto his throat.

"Your father is down there right now, climbing that very rope you offered." Pan explained, nodding his head in the direction of the edge of the peak.

"Y-You're lying." I stuttered out, clearing my throat so my voice didn't seem weak.

"You already know I'm telling you the truth." He spat. My face hardened with anger.

"Who is he?" I croaked out, lowering my sword off of him and backing up. He stepped forward from the tree.

"Killian Jones but, you might know him by his more colorful moniker, Captain Hook." He confessed. I stayed silent, stumbling backwards. "Think about my deal, Riley. Oh before I leave, here." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a golden whistle. He grabbed my hand and placed it in my palm. He let go and I curled my fingers to it. "Just give it a little tut when you have an answer." Then, he was gone. A loud grunt rang and I snapped my body to the peak. A hand pulled up David's body and I rushed over, grabbing his arm and pulling him out. He helped the rest and we were all up. My eyes wondered over to Hook and his gaze caught mine. I looked away, quickly. He's just playing games with me. That insolent boy. Everyone walked past me into the woods and a voice brought me from my thoughts. Hook stood in front of me.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"I asked who you were talking to?" He asked.

"Oh, um-just myself. It's a habit that I had since I came here." I lied, smiling. I turned around on the heel of my boot and followed the others to the front of the group so I could lead them to their son.