chapter 21 ✦ lies

"I was nothing in the end. The end felt like pure light. My pain and my blood, nothing but vengeance. This curse won't be my final wish because you are mine. I've loved you since, the first day you stepped foot on Neverland and I'll love you in death. Villains don't get happy endings, but mine was you. I love you my little bird." Peter said through my thoughts. I stared at him blankly, tears pouring down my face as he disappeared with Rumpelstiltskin.

I sat up, gasping for air that break took away from me. Drums were beating and hollers of the Lost Boys floated in and out of my ears.

"You're awake," Pan's voice said. I whipped my head to him, who was kneeling before me. He smiled, sweetly at me.

"It appears so," I spoke. I scooted back away from him. "What happened?"

"You fell asleep," He told me. Lies. I realized his thinks I remember nothing but in reality, I remember every single waking detail.

"I did?" I played along, rubbing my head in exhaustion.

"Aw, don't worry. It was just a little cat nap." He turned his head around and looked at the dancing Lost Boys who were jumping and twirling around the fire like wild animals. "The night's still young."

"I had the craziest dream and you were there." I slowly eased the topic into the conversation. "In my dream, I ran away from you and when I returned to my camp, you killed one of my own." I could see him tense up until he relaxed and used his acting skills.

"Really?" He said, interested. I shook my head and laughed.

"It must have been a dream," Not, you bastard. "I'm unsure though because it seemed so real."

"It makes sense for us to dream of the things we've lost or the things we've hoped for, Riley." Pan explained and I nodded, pretending to be engaged in what he was saying. "That's what I did and know you're here." He smiled and inched towards me. I stood still and his lips planted on mine. I melted into it, immediately. The memories of the good times with his boy soon flashed in my head. I pulled away and looked into his eyes.

"Why am I here, Peter?" I whispered with our faces centimeters apart. He didn't say anything. He leaned in and kissed me again.

"That's why," He mumbled against my lips. I smiled, falling under his spell. "I've wanted that for a long time because Riley, I'm in love with you." His words stunned me. His words seemed so real but I couldn't help doubting him. I put on a fake smile that was convincing enough, which made him smile really wide. He kissed my forehead and squeezed my hand. "Now, I'm going to go hunting and get dinner. Stay here." He instructed and I nodded. He kissed me on the lips again before running off into the woods. I looked in all directions, getting up from my spot. I crept over into the bushes as the voices became more real to me.

"Did it work? She looks happier than usual." I heard Felix say. I peered to the path and Pan stood there with Felix.

"She only remembers us and nothing else, just as planned," Pan smirked. I mentally laughed at him because he was so far from being right.

"Where did you get that spell anyways, Pan?" Felix asked with a wicked grin.

"A sorcerer in the Enchanted Forest but, that doesn't matter. All that matters is Riley loving me and only me." Pan vowed.

"You sure this is going to work?" Felix asked again.

"Come on, Felix. Peter Pan Never Fails." Pan grinned, evilly.