chapter 26 ✦ storybrooke

I stepped off the Jolly Roger and into the world that was known to not have any magic at all but I could feel the amount of the power that resided in Storybrooke. People were cheering as everyone boarded off and when they saw Henry, the crowd went wild. They chanted his name and Henry smirked down at them. As everyone climbed down, they were embraced in big hugs. Rumpelstiltskin grabbed a woman and hugged her, tightly. I could tell that this was the Belle that was previously mentioned when I was having a conversation with Neal.

"How does it feel to finally be home?" Emma turned to Henry with a huge smile across her face. Henry looked across the crowd and grin up at Emma.

"Better than I've ever imagined," Henry replied in a merry voice.

"Riley," Someone said from behind me and I turned around to see Felix. "Pan wants me to protect you..." He trailed off with a little bit of hesitation. Felix darted his eyes to Henry and they exchanged a look. I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Mom!" Henry yelped out. Regina and Emma were alarmed at his sudden outburst. "What about Felix?" Felix's eyes widened and I rubbed his back in sorrow. I let go when David grabbed his arm.

"You're right. We can't have you carrying out Pan's acts here." David snapped and Felix smiled at his demeanor. "The Sherriff's Station has a cozy cell for you." He pulled Felix's hand behind his back and took him away. So much for protection.

"Let's go to Granny's! Lasagnas are on me!" An old lady called out and everyone cheered. I just had one question. What the hell is Lasagna?

*****

I sat in a booth, which was all by itself while I watched everyone talk and chatter. I saw my father with a pint of beer in his hand, talking with the dwarfs. Hasn't changed a bit. I suddenly darted my eyes to Emma who was walking over to me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Regina and Henry leaving Granny's. Emma slid into the seat that was across from me.

"Something's wrong with Henry." Emma blurted out like I was a normal person.

"Why do you say that? He looks happy." I pointed out, duly.

"You would say that." She mumbled and that peaked my senses.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I snapped. She didn't say anything. "Look, Emma. I just lost my love and now, he's trapped in a magical demon box. I had to leave my home and my girls to protect your family. I'm not the bad guy here. You are and do you wanna know why? You are constantly blaming others for your problems just because things aren't going your way. I'd appreciated a little sympathy or recognition. After all, I saved your boy's life in a way." She stayed silent at my explosive behavior. I sighed and got out of the booth, running out of Granny's. I finally made it outside and I huffed out the cold fall air. I waved my hands up and a green cloud surrounded me, transporting me to the Sherriff's station. I was inside the station and I saw Felix sitting there on the little bed with his head down.

"Hey." I piped up. Felix's head lifted to look at me. "Need some help." I grinned and I picked keys up. He grinned and nodded. I rushed over to him and stuck the key in the jail cell hole. It unlocked and I opened the door.

"Thanks, Jones." He actually sounded sincere. "Why'd you break me out?"

"We have to get Pan out of the box." I quickly said.

"What happened to being a part of the Heroes?" He asked and I laughed.

"Evil is the way, my friend. So here's the plan." I explained the plan to him and he agreed. I have to go along with Emma's gut so I can free my Peter Pan out of that box.