Nimbus 2001

Chapter 19: Nimbus 2001

Lucas spent half of his breaks re-reading the class materials. He didn't want to fall behind because he forgot everything over the Summer.

  Lucas had spent the other half trying to track down Ginny. When he had finally found her on Thursday, she had turned red and turned to flee, but Luna, who was accompanying him, asked her to hang out with them.

  "Are we that scary?" Lucas joked.

  Ginny smiled weakly. "No. It's just that Fred and George talk about you so much it seems kind of surreal that you're talking to me."

  "I bet your brother enjoyed that." Lucas rolled his eyes. "Honestly, what did I ever do?"

  Ginny plopped down on the ground leaning on a tree and they joined her. "I don't know. I think he doesn't like your dad, so he hates you, but that's just him. Mum and Dad were wary at first, but they trust Fred and George's judgement." She paused. "Even if it means another prankster. For the record, I'm not taking anything from you, and if you try to prank me, I'll make you regret it."

  Lucas laughed nervously. "Alright, I won't do anything. I believe you. You grew up with Fred and George, after all."

  Luna gave Lucas an incredulous look. "She's younger than you. I doubt she knows any hexes. Even if she punched you, I doubt it would do anything."

  "You're younger than me," Lucas pointed out. "Δεν σε εμπόδισε να μου σπάσεις ένα πλευρό το καλοκαίρι."

  She rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. You were distracted." Then her eyes widened. "Blimey. Did I just-" Luna huffed. "No wonder you're in Slytherin."

  "I didn't do anything!"

  Ginny snickered. Lucas noticed that she was making a daisy crown. Ginny placed it on Luna's head; then backed up, pretending to trip and fall on her back.

  Luna turned to look at Ginny. "Are you okay?"

  "Yeah." A big smirk played across Ginny's features. "I did that on purpose. It's fun."

  "Fun," Luna repeated. She followed Ginny's example and fell. "It's so fun!"

  Lucas shook his head in exasperation. "Ginny, I don't think she noticed the daisies."

  "What?" Luna swiped at her head, knocking the daisy crown onto the ground. "Oh. That's pretty. How did you make one?"

  Ginny launched into an explanation on how to make a daisy crown. Within minutes, Luna and Ginny were making daisy crowns. 

  Lucas stood up. "Well, I'm gonna go now, since you don't need me. Have fun!" He ran off towards the castle, but Luna blocked him.

  "Hold on. Can I ask you something?"

  "You just did," he pointed out.

  Luna rolled her eyes. "I wanted to ask how you pulled off burning your food without anybody noticing."

  "Oh. That. I go to the kitchen to burn them. I'll show it to you later."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The last thing that Lucas would ever expect was Marcus Flint marching towards with him in the Slytherin common room, telling him to come with him to the Quidditch Pitch.

  "Okay," Lucas said, once they got to the Quidditch Pitch. "Spill. What do you want with me?"

  Flint smirked. "You really shouldn't take that tone with your Quidditch Captain."