The Disappearance of Harry and Ron

Chapter 16: The Disappearance of Harry and Ron

The rest of the summer went by smoothly. Nothing much happened. Except for the fact that Lucius was in a very bad mood. But, if Lucas was being honest? It was kind of funny. It was certainly amusing. Apparently, Lucius's ego couldn't face being knocked into a bookshelf by a "Blood-Traitor."

  On Lucas's last day, he spent the entire day outside, only going in for meals and when called in. He wouldn't have a whole lot of freedom once he got to Hogwarts. At Malfoy Manor, nobody bothered Lucas. Lucas had snuck out of Malfoy Manor to Camp Half-Blood, as he promised to Luna, and no one noticed.

  Then, in the evening, Lucas spent his time packing. It was a good excuse to stay in his room, seeing as he didn't want to spend time with Lucius longer than he had to. He was okay with Narcissa, but his thoughts on Lucius hadn't changed one bit. 

  The next morning, Lucas didn't want to get up. It was early, the sun had just come up and he just wanted to sleep. Then, Narcissa sent Dobby. That made him get out of bed. There was nothing like being woken up by a dirty house-elf with a very high pitched voice. After he had gotten ready and went down, there was a large breakfast set up in the dining room, which Lucas found unnecessary. It was just Narcissa, Lucius and himself. The feast, sorry, breakfast, looked like it could feed the entirety of Camp Half-Blood. 

  Lucas was very curious as to how they would get to Kings Cross, as he doubted that they would use the Muggle way. Not Lucius, at least. Narcissa would probably have some sort of self-preservation and at least pretend to agree with Lucius. So when Narcissa told him to grab her arm, as they were going on Side-Along Apparition, Lucas nodded and played along. He had no idea what Side-Along Apparition was, but he wasn't going to show it.

  Then, Lucas felt Narcissa spin on the spot and everything went black (not that the Manor was bright enough, to begin with). Lucas felt like he was pressed from all sides; he couldn't breathe, it was as if iron bands were tightening around his chest and his eyes, as well as his ear-drums, were being forced into his skull.

  Soon after, it stopped and as Lucas's vision cleared, he saw that they were on Platform Nine and Three Quarters. They had travelled from the Malfoy Manor, all the way to Kings Cross. More accurately, they had travelled directly into the platform.

  Lucas glanced around, trying to find anyone he knew. The Weasleys had yet to show up and it seemed like Daphne and Pansy had already gone on the train- he saw their parents chatting. He looked around some more, hoping to maybe catch Luna in the crowd. 

  Then, Lucas spotted Luna in the crowd, standing next to her father, who was probably the most eccentric-looking wizard to ever exist. He was slightly cross-eyed; his hair a very pale white, cut shoulder-length and with a texture, not unlike candyfloss. He was wearing tattered robes the shade of ivory.

  Luna spotted Lucas looking at them and waved.

  "Those are the Lovegoods," Narcissa informed Lucas. "They're rather... odd."

  "Hi, Draco!" Luna skipped over to them, practically bouncing with excitement. "How are you?"

  "Good." Lucas glanced at Narcissa. It seemed like she didn't think there was anything unusual with him and Luna conversing as if they were very good friends. Which, of course, they were, but that, was beside the point. 

  Luna smiled. "Well, that's good to hear. I wouldn't know what to do if you were unhappy." She lowered her voice. "Calling you by, 'Draco' is going to take some getting used to."

  Lucas snorted. He turned to Narcissa. "Is it okay if I find my friends? I want to introduce Luna to them."

  Narcissa nodded, smiling. "It's good to make friends in other houses. I won't tell your father."