Ginny's Story

Chapter 29: Ginny's Story

Potter gaped at both of them. If Lucas wasn't in so much pain, he might've laughed at him.

"I-is that a gun?" Potter demanded. "Why do you have a gun?"

Lucas rolled his eyes. "It's a SIG Sauer P226," he drawled. "And why can't I have a gun? I can shoot it, and that's enough. I know how to handle one." He added to Ginny, "You don't want to know."

"What did you do to her?" Potter continued to demand when he saw Ginny nod at him. "Don't deny it; I know you're the Heir."

Lucas threw his hands up, not caring if the gun fired or not. Maybe it'd intimidate Potter. Why did he have to deal with such stupidity? "What proof do you have that I'm the Heir of Slytherin?" Lucas snarled. He was absolutely done. He really didn't want to deal with Potter when he had broken ribs. "I told you I'm not the Heir. Here's what happened. I saw the message, I rushed down here, and I got rid of Riddle. Is that enough for you?"

"He's telling the truth," Ginny piped up. When Potter still looked suspicious, Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Does she look like she's under mind control?" he demanded. "Does she? Someone under mind control doesn't act this lively. And I'm flattered that you think so highly of my magical prowess, but I'm sorry to break it to you, St. Potter, but it takes years of study to master curses! So you can get off your high horse, accept that there are good Slytherins and that just because You-Know-Who came from our house, it doesn't mean that we're all evil. I have a friend who's a Muggle-born, and the only reason she's shunned is because of her house! Do you know how hard it is to be alone, to have your words ignored? I told Snape that it was a Basilisk, and he told McGonagall. But did she listen? No! You know what? I'm sick of your attitude. You call us prejudiced but are you really different? We're only evil as long as you tell us we're destined to be evil. I came down here to save Ginny and got knocked into a stone statue in the process, but do you acknowledge that I can have good intentions? No! Because according to you, as a Slytherin, I can only have bad intentions! How is that fair?"

"He's really friendly," Ginny insisted. "Nothing like you think he is. And he's hurt. It's not fair to be mean to an injured person." Getting up, she reached for the diary and gave it to Lucas. "I think you'll need this."

Lucas smiled, but it was more like a grimace, with the amount of pain he was in. Starting a rant with broken ribs was not helpful with pain management. "Thanks," he said. He walked over to his wand, picking it up and tapped the tip to the gun, cooling it off. He tucked it away. "Can we go now? I want my ribs healed."

"Can you walk?" Ginny asked skeptically.

"I just did," he deadpanned. "Besides, I hit my ribs and my face, not my legs. Well, there's probably a few bruises on my legs, but bruises are nothing to worry about. I'm fine."

"Alright."

They made their way to where Weasley was waiting for Potter, with Potter in the lead, since only Potter knew the way and there was no way Lucas was showing Potter the other entrance. He was petty like that.

"I'm going to be expelled," Ginny whispered anxiously. "I've been wanting to go here ever since Bill came, and now I'll have to go home! What'll Mum and Dad say?"

"Don't be ridiculous," Lucas said. "It wasn't your fault. It was Riddle's. They'll understand. And if they don't, I'll yell at them."

Ginny giggled. "Thanks," she said.

"Well, that's what friends are for."

Eventually, Lucas heard the distant sound of shifting rock. Potter had heard it too since he surged forward and yelled, "Ron! Ginny's okay! I've got her!"