Chapter 6: Passing by

Y/n: Your Name
N/n: Nick Name
L/n: Last name
-

Y/n POV:

I was in someone's arms again..

I think it's him..

"wake up sleepy head~ I wanna talk to youuu"

A deep voice spoke to me, it sounded so familiar though.

"mmmh.. I'll wake up if I want to" I giggled

"well.. How about now"

I felt a pillow hit my face, which made me feel a bit annoyed.

"Don't you think you could've been a little nicer Ling?"

I teased a bit.

"I could've but what's the fun in that? "

"you've got a point haha. What time is it?"

I stood up from the king Sized bed to the balcony outside. I was wearing a short, silk, red dress. I felt arms wrap around my waist, He put his head on my right shoulder while looking outside.

"Most likely around 5AM"

"That sucks, I really don't want to wake up early todayyy"

I kissed his cheek and turned to face him.

"why's that?"

he got closer and touched my automail arm.

"I'm going to work with my Step parent. I may also be meeting with the countries top-man for my final results on the State Alchemists test."

"You practice alchemy?"

I showed Ling my automail hand with a water engraved alchemic circle.

"you see the engravement, right?"

I showed him after getting a cup of water from inside.

"What's the water for?"

"you'll see..."

I tossed up the water inside the cup and changed it to ice.

"And if I really wanted to, I could also make it an 'extension' to my automail arm."

I manipulated the ice and made a sharp overcoat on it.

"that's very interesting.. But what's this blade inside your automail doing?, you also have other self defense compartments in your arm too."

"Someone's observant~ But unfortunately I'm going to have to wake up. I can't be late today"

Ling's face turned into a pout.

"Don't be so upset baby :(( I also don't want to leave but I have to."

I held his hands in mine until he pulled me in for a hug.

"your automail feels cold" he chuckled

I giggled

"yes it does"

we looked at each others' eyes until the bright light consumed us.

Y/n POV: (IRL)

I heard a knock on the outside of my door.

"Yo N/n, you should probably wake up before you miss your sweet ride to work"

Mr. Hughes chuckled.

"Alright, I'll be out in a sec"

I got out of bed and changed into a a dimmed red dress, formal white blouse with ruffles, an overcoat, and a pair of silk gloves. (picture above the chapt tittle)

I gathered the scattered pieces of paper , put them in my leather Handbag my mom used.

"I'm done Mr. Hughes"

"Great timing! You should eat something before we go, I'm going to need my documents from last night." He whispered

I made myself an egg and cheese sandwich and left the house eating it in a hurry :))

We both went inside the car and started heading to central command.

a couple minutes pass until Mr. Hughes asks

"Hey N/n, When did you buy that dress?"

"Oh! Gracia gave it to me last year for my birthday but I didn't really have a need to use it"

we finally arrived to the huge maze of a building and were greeted by the front desk workers.

"My my Lieutenant General Hughes, I didn't know you were bringing an assistant today."

A high ranked officer spoke to Mr. Hughes. I smiled at them but still felt an immense amount of anxiety rise up. It was natural though.

"She's here to help me research some documents. Who knows though. I may be getting a notice about her certification in a couple of days or even hours."

I followed Mr. Hughes to his office and sat down on his spare desk.

"If you need any help or books, just ask"

I gave him a nod before diving into the piles of work documents of deceased criminals and their activities because that what a normal child should be doing instead of stacks of school work :,)

-Time Skip to 2PM

Mr. Hughes ' phone started ringing .

"This is Lieutenant colonel Hughes speaking, who is this?...Oh i'll pick those up on my way to the office."

He hung up the phone and told me he'd be back in a couple minutes. Shortly after he left, I heard a knock from outside the door.

"Hughes, do you still have my borrowed folders?.."

Silence filled the room, almost deafening.

"He actually went somewhere else just now. He didn't tell me anything though."

"I see.."
He looked to be a little irritated but sighed

"In that case, I'll be borrowing you for a bit."

"What for?"

we walked out to the hallway after and started walking to his office.

"I have someone who you may be working with in the future"

"I'm pretty sure you're just telling me to babysit them colonel but sure"

He laughed like an old man

"My, you're snappy but no, you're not." His faces turned into

"You're going to be tag teaming for a couple assignments. To give him some backup occasionally."

"Ah, okay. Who are they?"

He opened the door and I saw the same kid from before.

"ITS YOU?!?!"

-
Word count: 905