Chapter 25: Backs in the distance

Episode 22 bc episode 21 was just ed and Al talking shit and y know a little time skip here and there never hurts anyone

Third pov

It was mid day by the time yelling was heard in the room Mustang, havoc, and y/n were staying at. Hawkeye had entered the room to report to mustang until he yelled,

"you idiot, you believed the word of the enemy and lost the will to fight?"

Y/n rustled quietly while regaining conscious, it has only been a couple of days since the fifth laboratory mission had passed. Regardless, hawkeye was still being reprimanded,

"I am terribly sorry, sir."

"Don't let it get the better of you! Don't give up on living! If you're going to be my lieutenant, you've got to be stronger!"

"Yes, sir"

"I'm going to continue trusting you to watch my back. Get yourself together-"

I heard havoc speak up, directly cutting off whatever else mustang was going to say.

"You're one to talk Colonel, as I recall, you were also crying over me"

Y/n sat up, clearly annoyed over the loud talking and tomfoolery going in.

"Could you all shut up? I don't understand why I'm stuck with these two."

Hawkeye replied,

"Please try to make do y/n, it's easier to guard all three of you in one room."

"About that..."

Mustang continued,

"Why haven't they come to kill us?.."

Y/n's pov

I rustled in my bed and got comfortable in my bed. (Y/n is normal, mustang is bold, havoc has italics, and Hawkeye is underlined.)

"Who knows, maybe they just wanted to teach you a lesson."

"It still doesn't make any sense. The information Lust revealed to us is vital information, she's confirmed the fact that homunculus are able to killed."

"I don't think that was information meant to be discovered though. They were keeping watch over the Elric brothers and I. If anything, I wouldn't be shocked if this information was known by the senior staff."

The door opened, revealing the Elric brothers and Fuery. Fuery had a map of central which was a favor Hawkeye had asked for. Hawkeye began to write and circle on the map.

"Based on the number of footsteps I counted once we got to the basement under the Third Laboratory, I figured the approximate distance from there to that large doorway. I couldn't be sure about the direction, so I used the lab as a central point and drew a circle around it." 

I decided to get up slowly and sit on the stool between havoc and mustang to get a better look. Ed spoke up,"Central Command Center? And what's more, This building is..."

"It's the Fuhrer's residence, isn't it. So under there is where the rest of the homunculus are."

"So there's a chance that the fuhrer is connected to that group?"

Alphonse added, "If he's connected, then why did the Fuhrer go after Greed and his gang?"

Ed mentioned how it was an odd occurrence. Even if it was by coincidence. He said, "he wiped the out, without trying to get any information out of them."

"The Fuhrer is inscrutable. Whatever the case, the enemy has penetrated fairly high into the military. From here on, we should be careful confronting them. Fullmetal, watch yourself."