Chapter 5: Pondering

Y/n: Your name
N/n: Nickname
L/n: Last name
-
Last time:

"aren't you that kid that hung out around Colonel Mustang?"

"Yeah..My names Edward Elric"

Y/n POV:

"My names Y/n L/n. Nice to meet ya" 

"I've had this question for a while and wondered how you could tell my brother wasn't 'human'? "

"Well his voice sounded hollow.. I wasn't really sure how I could tell, but he also sounded pretty anxious" I smiled while he stared intently.

"Alright, are you going to take the state test?"

"Oh I finished already and uh.. I recommend bring notes haha"

I could feel myself crying and crippling inside from the fear of my results

"Okay, I've got to go now I really don't feel like getting yelled at by the Colonel."

"Aight Good luck shrimp"

I heard the hot headed kid call after me.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHRIMP YOU MIDGET"

"Very funny gremlin, I'm 5'3" 

I gave a smirk after he stomped off to the building.

Running into Mr. Hughes on my way back home, he asked me about the State Test.

"Well good sir-"I smirked mid sentence

"I forgot to bring all of my notes and had to write everything I remembered down on a single sheet of paper"

I sounded so confident but still myself cripple on spot.

It was quiet for a couple of seconds until Mr. Hughes started laughing.

"HAHAHAHAHA- You should really work on that N/n"

I felt him pat my head

"How was work?"

"It was hard work like always but I was give a report on shady activity surrounding Isaac McDougal. I'll have a better look on it once we get home. Would you like to come with me tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure, I don't have anything else to do anyway."

"Great, I'll need you to dress up in something formal though. I don't want a short kid running around in a Dress shirt tucked in a dress, you should wear a longer dress though. You shouldn't be showing too much skin for a lady your age.

"Okay okay"

After a long day, we finally arrived home after 8 hours of stress.

"Daddy Daddy!!!!"

"OOOOH~ LOOK AT MY LITTLE ELICIA <333"

"Silly man, come on in Y/n. We finished making dinner."

her words were just as soft as the potatoes she cooker that night.

-12:23 AM

Late night thoughts really hit hard, thinking about the past and how my life used to be... Is this story supposed to be like this? Is my life worth equally as the other person or am I worth the same as a regular human?

You can never be too sure. Between all the tosses and turns I can't help but wonder...The connection between the Hughes' family is so strong. there's so much affection they had with each other, I wonder if They were still with me, if it would be the same? It probably would feel a bit lonely with how much they worked but it still would've been a whole family.

Was I meant to live the way I am?

Third POV:

These thoughts consumed Y/n's mind until she drifted to sleep. The silence in the room filled in the void in the dark night. A small gust of wind scattered her notes on the ground. Her silent snores let her motionless body drift to sleep. Little did she know what was to be expected the morning after.

-

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :))

I'm really sorry the chapters are coming out slightly delayed, I recently got caught up with overwhelming stacks of homework so I'll be able to update the book a little more. As of now, Expect the chapters to be updated within a week or two after this one. I'll only be uploading 2 per week or so. Please have patience with me :)))

-Author MinMin

Word count: 644