Chapter 26: Girl on the Battlefield

—-
Y/ns pov

After I dropped the message to Al, I started running towards the yelling. Using my handy pouch of water, I crossed buildings using ice and jumping across to save enough time. I took out my watch just in case before I saw some smoke from where Ed and Al were at.

'Ugh, this did not need to be as complex as it needed to be. I could go to fuerys townhouse and get more backup from them but I need to know Ling's Status before anything..'

I thought to myself, rubbing my temple to ease my stress. I rushed over to where Ling's position should've been, only to find nothing but Lan Fan's broken mask. Suddenly I saw a bright flash of light and a larger smoke cloud come from a train drop off station with warehouses.

My mind felt torn, it only took a couple more seconds for me to finally choose to go into the flash bomb. I jumped across the building and slipped inside, there were drops of blood around the room which led to the alleyway behind the building itself. I decided to travel by the rooftops and took a more deviated route to silently creep on whoever went after Ling and Lan Fan. After hopping through 2 more buildings i see a sewer plate move from the inside. I could hear footsteps go past farther and farther away from the sewer plate so I jumped down and opened the entrance to the sewer, I could hear light panting and footsteps. I quietly reached the corner and saw Lan Fan with Ling's bloodied up jacket around her severed shoulder, she was holding her kunai in a defensive stance before her gaze softened up.

Blood coated her shoulder, she started losing her balance before I stabilized her against my body.

"Lan Fan what happened?? Where did Ling go??"

More blood began to drip from her severe wound which began to drench my sleeve.

"Y/n.. I.. I couldn't fight him.. I couldn't-"

"Hey Lan Fan don't worry about it, let me try to slow down the bleeding before anything. I'll be able to provide more first aid once we're out of here."

I used my medicine infused water pouch to freeze her blood gushing wound. She had already lost a lot of blood but the Ice was able to stop the wound from bleeding heavily. I wrapped Lings coat on her shoulder to conceal the clear and red tinted ice. I carried lanfan oer my shoulder, running across the sewers to around the same spot Hawkeye and Mustang were posted at. I opened the lid with my automail arm and ran through the alleyway, finding Hawkeye come out of the building.

"Hawkeye!"

I saw her expression twist to one of shock, she instructed me to place Lan Fan in the back of her car and continue to apply first aid. I started speaking to Hawkeye,

"Did Mustang give us any orders?"

"We're going to rendezvous outside of central, it's an abandoned cabin. Y/n what happened with Lan Fan??"

"I'm not sure myself. I found her in the sewers with her severed shoulder. She's still alive and conscious so I'm certain she'll pull through. I will say, there's most likely another enemy that went after Ling and Lan Fan.

"Seems like it, do you know Ed's location?"

"We're about to arrive right about.. now"

The car's wheels screeched as she drifted the car into their battle, Hearing Hawkeye pull her shotgun and shoot at.. Scar?! I saw Ling, Ed, Al, along with a regenerating bag of flesh. I shifted Lan Fan to the front seat next to Hawkeye, watching Ling carry the massive lump of flesh on his own. As soon as Ling placed the ball of flesh and situated himself Hawkeye started driving off, Ling asked me

"How's Lan Fan?"

"I managed to stop the bleeding but she needs more medical care than I can provide. I've already used a liquid antibiotic but there's no way of telling the nerve damage in our current situation, We're going to need a doctor"