Chapter 22

Rylees POV

Morning Came and I sobered up pretty quickly. Ryker on the other hand was out like a light and that left me to wonder around his apartment.

It wasn't much, everything was modern but plain. There were a few trophies and academic awards on shelves but they seemed neglected and dusty. His kitchen looked empty and the place was so dull like ghosts lived here. I wasn't going to snoop through his coabards or anything but I just wanted a sense of who he was. You can't blame me for wanting to know the guy who I'll be staying with for the next week or so.

Throughout the living room there were a few picture frames of family and my brothers. One picture in particular stood out to me and it was of younger Ryker at the beach with Cole and Adrian. He had a huge smile planted on his face and looked like nothing could wipe it off. So what happened?

I know I've got my own problems to deal with but I could use a distraction from the chaos that comes with the perks of being Rylee. And who knows, maybe some time away will be good for me.

"Snooping are we?"

"Shit." I cursed myself and stood stiff, failing to turn around.

"S-sorry it's just I saw some pictures and I got carried away." The Embarrassment was clearly visible on my face but I would give him the satisfaction of seeing it. When i thought he wasn't looking I turned around.

Oh

My

God.

My jaw was somewhere on the floor. He was shirtless and smirking. His abs were toned and firm, things I'd only ever see on tv or on my brothers but that's weird.

"I- umm...I'm a bit thirsty where's your water? Or where's the water in general I never meant your water." My mouth betrayed me and a deep blush spread across my cheeks. I've seen abs before but it's completely different in person. When you have muscles like a Greek goddess its a whole other story.

He chuckled deeply.

"It's in the fridge." He said with pride looking down at his abs.

"Yeah thanks." I hung my head down but I could feel his eyes.

"So I've been thinking...You must be really stressed out this week and maybe we can go somewhere to-"

"Distract myself?"

"Yeah."

Then it hit me. I'm here because of pity, he's being nice to me because he pity's me.

"About that..."

"I'll let you choose the place of course. What kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't." He smiled.

"No it's not that. It's just I'm quite tired and I don't want to forget what happened." I murmured.

Last nights events were horrendous, the feeling of being abandoned and unwanted is a bitter cruel bitch. If anything i needed to be reminded that some things are just to good to be true.

"We can go to an ice cream place I know."

"I don't want to."

"Come on." Ryker pushed.

"I don't have any clothes." I made an easy excuse that was sure to get me out of it.

"You can borrow some hoodies of mine" he insisted.

"Really it's ok." I smile.

"There's a spear bedroom you can freshen up in. We're leaving in about five minutes? Yeah five is good." Ryker said with arrogance as he pointed to the bedroom.

"I'll go get you a hoodie and some shorts. Towels are in the bathroom, and there's a spear toothbrush under the sink." He walked off. I groaned silently. Maybe it was the hangover talking but I wanted to kill him.

............

I took a warm shower and opened the door to the room. Unsurprisingly the walls were bare and boring. But on the bed an oversized red hoodie awaited me along with a small pair of black sport shorts. As for under garments... well let's speak no further on that matter.

I threw the clothes on and the shorts slipped of my body. Feeling self conscious I sighed sadly. No matter how much I ate, I wouldn't gain weight. On the streets I used to get stares when I walked with Oliver and he'd get angry and give them the stink eye. That made me want to curl up in a ball and die.

I posed in the mirror judging myself from every angle. The hoodie fit me like a dress, luckily the shorts weren't visible. I sucked in a deep breath and walked into the living room.

Ryker sat on the couch scrolling through his phone and looked up for a minute frowning . He stared at my legs and the bruises littered on them. A feeling of anger grew in me.

"Never mind this was a bad idea." I rolled my eyes annoyed. He snatched my hand quickly before I turned away. Not saying a word he lifted up the sleeves of his shirt which at first I thought was to show off his biceps.

I don't know how I didn't notice before there were scars everywhere. Some were healed and there was one that was fresh and looked half way done, like he decided to stop in the middle of it.

Not thinking I ran my fingers across it and he hissed in pain.

"Their beautiful." I smiled.

"Let's go." He grabbed my hand leading me out the door.

Dear Cupid,

Don't do this to me.

Not again.

———————————————————————————

Hiii again!!!

It's my birthday guys 😂😭✨

Thank y'all for everything and there will be another part to this chapter.

Please vote, comment and have a nice day :)