Chapter 27

Rylees POV

"Where is she?" I murmured silently under my breath standing in the parking lot shivering from the cold.

Then Suddenly a pair of small hands covered my eyes.

"Who is it?" I ask already knowing the Answer. Not too long after I was engulfed in a brutally tight hug with a small whisper in my ear.

"Guess who?"

A smile spread widely across my face and we both smiled like idiots when we met face to face.

"Cmon let's go!" Lily dragged me by my hands to the mall entrance.

The mall was lively and loud as usual which was way out of my comfort zone but I was with Lily. All that mattered right now was Lily and I.

"Did you leave the note?" She asks not being able to contain her laugh and it all comes out in small bits.

"I hate you." I lied.

"You know you love me!" Lily chirped knowing I did.

We shopped for hours on end, so much I lost track of time. I didn't have any money and Lily insisted on paying for food and a dress she bought me.

"Thanks again for everything." I smile at her not being able to process how lucky I am to have been Lost on the first day of school and met her.

"God stop apologizing! For the last time." She groaned. I just wanted to get the point across, sometimes I need to say things before it's too late and I screw things up.

"I know, I know. But seriously" She lightly punched my arm jokingly.

"Okay one last stop," Lily said pointing to the food court. I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

"But we already ate?" Then she looked at me bewildered like I was plain stupid.

"We're not going in there for food silly. We're going there for MEN," She said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I hate men, all the men in my life are absolute fucks and treat me like dirt.

"As fun as that would be Lily I'd rather get run over by a bus and jump off a bridge" I smiled sarcastically.

"For god sake's Ry!"

"Do this one thing for me and I'll buy you another pretzel?" Her hands joined together pleadingly and stuck her bottom lip out.

"You'll buy another pretzel and a mango smoothie?"

"Yes I'll buy you that too!"

"No."

"Rylee!"

"Lily!" I mimicked her high pitched voice.

"So will you?"

"Fine." I gave in, for some reason I always caved with Lily.

"Thank you! Thank you!" She jumped on me, a little too hyper for my liking.

My anxiety was eating me up when we walked into the food court filled with strangers who would probably all reject me. This is such a bad idea.