Chapter 30

Rylees POV

*snip*

"I'm scared"

*snip*

"I've done this on my dolls before. Your going to look great."

*snip*

"Yeah well I'm not a baby alive doll Lily"

*snip*

"Just relax Ry."

I squeezed my eyes shut but I could still feel the chunks of hair sliding off my shoulders. I felt so bare and naked without my locks of brown hair pouring down to my hips. Although the sound of Lily chopping my hair off with rusty scissors frightened me, I desperately needed a change.

Slowly I opened one eye to the mirror and saw Lily sticking her tongue out in pure concentration. Before another lock of hair came flying down, I quickly shut my eye.

"Hope you don't mind me asking but why the sudden need to cut this off?"

"It's summer and it would get in the way."

"Okay....what's the real reason?"

I sigh, she knows me too well.

"I don't know. I just don't like myself right now." I shrug.

"Why? your gorgeous?"

"I don't feel that way. And plus I have a business party thing that my brothers are dragging me to tonight "

As punishment for telling Luke to kiss my ass yesterday , I have to come to all their companies upcoming events. They said they were being too lenient with me and that I need to grow up and mature.

"Ooo Cinderella's going to the ball tonight."

"Shut up."

"What are you going to wear cinderelli?"

"Umm I don't know, Noah said one of his friends is going to pick out something for me."

"Eww gross. What kind of pervert is this?" Lily faked gag and I giggled. I had the exact same reaction.

"No it's nothing like that. Noah's gay best friend is picking it out. They've been attached to the hip since birth, I met him when I was a baby but haven't seen him since ." I said with emphasis on the gay.

"Thats weird."

"What is?"

"Looks Like gay best friends run in the family."

"Yeah i wonder when I'll get my gay bestie." I sighed dramatically.

*loud snip*

"Remember whos holding the scissors." She snickered.

*****

*snip*

"Okay i think we're all done." Lily clapped in excitement, her fingers ruffled my hair giving it slight volume.

I haven't opened my eyes not even to peek since the beginning.

"Are you ready?"

"No."

"Oh hush." Lily spun the chair around to face the wood framed mirror in her room. Slowly and reluctantly my eyes opened. Lily left me speechless.

"Do you like it?" She bit her bottom lip as she waited for my answer. I nodded excitedly.

It was perfect.

"I guess you could say I'm your fairy godmother or something." I didn't even bother teasing her about it because how could I? She's a miracle worker. 

******

Coming home was the worst part. I walked the whole way nervously sweating through my black t-shirt. Now that I think about it I didn't have permission to do any of this but it's my body isn't it? But  I don't think that the 'my body my choice'  speech would stop them from throwing a major fit.

"Here goes nothing." I inhale with a shaky breath .

*knock*

Promptly after my knuckles graze the door someone answers.

"Where have you bee-!" Cole slams his hand on his lips.

"I was-"

"Who's at the door?" Adrian comes to investigate. His eyes widen like he's seen a ghost. Self consciously I reach up to touch the source of everyone's shock. My hair.

"What are you two idiots looking at?" Oh boy not Luke too. Much Like the other two his eyes also fall out of their sockets.

Yeah I'm just going to wear a wig now.

"What is wrong with you guys? Who's at the door." And just on cue the final brother joins in.

This time they do something different rather then stare. They smile. IN UNISON. There's a shocker.

"You look so beautiful, Ry." Luke reaches to brush a loose strand of hair  out of my face. Then  They part like the Red Sea making way for me. As I pass they each mess with my hair.

"Hey Noah did you sat there are going to be boys at this business thing tonight?"

"Not if I can help it."

Oh god. I'm fifteen not done hooker with a killer haircut.

———————————————————————————

-The haircut ✂️