Chapter 9

Rykers POV

Adrian and Cole have been my best friends for the past five years. I met the distraught boys when they were twelve and were grieving over their sister and mother. I was going through some stuff too and it helped to have them by my side, we were inseparable ever since. They told me all about Rylee and how her return affected them all, how they were afraid of losing her to her so called father Elliot. I had only met the girl once in the sixth grade, who could miss those bouncy curls and those big brown eyes.

We were in the cafeteria eating and when the principals voice echoed through the halls "Rylee Evans please report to the front. Your father is here to collect you." Oh shit.

Adrian and Cole looked at each other fearfully and then that fear turned to rage. They were about to get up but I grabbed them by the shoulders.

"You have to be calm about this. You go find Elliot and I'll take care of Rylee" I said being the voice of reason.

"Ryker you don't even know what she looks like man" Adrian said trying to redirect his anger at me. I've known them for a long time and this is what Adrian does so I wasn't fazed, I knew he trusted me with her regardless of his tough act.

"Big brown eyes, brown long hair? Yeah I think I'll manage." I chuckled trying to be the light of the situation.

"Ok fine. Thanks Ryker we owe you one" Cole said and then they ran out of the Cafeteria.

I quickly jogged to find Rylee before it was to late and she saw Elliot. I wasn't getting anywhere jogging so I ran through the halls and that's when something slammed into my chest. Fuck. I quickly lifted up the stranger by their waist and then my eyes met their familiar brown ones. Rylee?

This couldn't be Rylee. Her brown long hair was
straight and there were bags under her eyes. She was way too skinny, it wasn't healthy. She was pale and she looked tired. Through her eyes I could see unimaginable pain but it wasn't weakness it was her strength. She for sure wasn't the ten year old girl from the stories I've heard.

"I-Im so sorry" she said and looked down. Why is she apologizing? I bumped into her.

"I should be the one apologizing" I said

"Its a-alright I should have watched where I was going" she muttered. It made me angry that she was apologizing, it made me angry that Elliot took an adorable sweet innocent girl and broke her.

She must have seen the anger in my eyes because she backed away scared. Damn it Rylee. I'd never hurt you.

"Umm... I should probably get going" she said and began walking away from me. I swiftly grabbed her arm and she flinched.

"Not so fast hun. Noah told me to take you home so your coming with me." I lied but it was only to protect her.

Her eyes widened and then she had that look, the look told me she was going to make a run for it. I know that look all to well so I grabbed her other hand.

"Rylee don't fight me. I don't want to fight you" I warned.

"I-I dont know a Rylee. You must be mistaken." She lied through her teeth. I could see tears threatening to spill in her eyes. she was scared.

"Rylee Evans, Cole and Adrian asked me to fetch you and take you to Noah. It's umm..Luke he's very ill." I just kept feeding her more lies which I could tell she wasn't buying.

She nodded and let a tear fall. Still holding her other hand tightly so she wouldn't try anything I brushed the tear away with my thumb.

"Hey look it's going to be okay Rylee." I said. Usually I'd do this for no body but I had to make an exception for the lost Evan princess.

She nodded again and still holding her hand i led her out the back of the school.

We were now in the Parking lot and I was going to take her in my car before she kneed me in my area and ran. And let me tell you it hurt like a bitch. I quickly shrugged it off and chased her through the parking lot.

She tripped over some concrete and fell onto her knees crying.

"P-please don't take me! I'm no use to you! I promise I'm just a worthless girl! Please!" She begged me and sobbed. My heart ached that she even thought those things. I wanted to grab her in embrace and tell her everything was going to be ok but I had a mission to stick to.

I grabbed the sobbing Rylee in my arms and she latched onto my shoulder and cried some more. I wanted to give in and tell her I was protecting her but I knew I couldn't.

"If your going to kill me, please do it quickly. I can't fight anymore." She whispered into my ear before falling asleep. I grabbed her tighter and sighed. If only I could show you how loved you are Rylee Evans.

I buckled her into my truck and drove to my house. Along the way I could hear Rylees adorable snores which made me want to stop driving and just listen to them all day.

We got to my house and I lifted her bridal style off the car, she wrapped her arms around my neck and continued sleeping peacefully. I'm well aware she had no control over her actions in her unconscious state but I couldn't help but smile.

When we got inside I layed down on the coach and placed her on my chest. I watched her sleep before Noah came back and retrieved her. I know I'll see her tomorrow but I'm gonna miss you Rylee Evans.

—————————————————-—————————
A/N

Hiiii again!

Hope y'all are doing great and thank you so much for reading! ❤️🥺

What do you think of  Ryker???

Please comment and vote🙏🏻🥰

I hope you have/had a nice day! Bye! 😊❤️