Chapter 24

Adrians POV

It's been a day since I've seen Rylee but her screams are engraved in my head, echoing endlessly. I try to convince myself that everything I did was to save her but I can only see little truth in that. I hate what that man did to her, how he scarred  and weakened my sister.

I have faint memories of Elliot from  when I was little, before Rylee was born. He would bring sweets to charm all of us but for some reason not Noah. He would spend nights in my mothers room and he would influence her to be out at parties. She'd come home drunk and break things. She would hurt us sometimes but I was only little and couldn't understand why. She would drink and do drugs, anything she could get her hands on.

At the time she wasn't the best mother but Elliot played a part in that. Noah and him would argue for hours on end about how he was ruining our life and Luke would comfort Cole and I in our rooms. Our older brothers were the only father figures we had, since we were all the product of a one night stand or high school romances.

When My mom figured out she was having Rylee, she sobered up, came clean and tried her best to be a good mother. Elliot resented her for this and pressured her into doing things that he knew would harm the baby. His daughter. Until one night he never returned to our house.

We hadn't heard from him for years until now. And now I won't let him destroy my family again even if it means pushing Rylee away.

I did it all for her. I did it all for my sister and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

And now I stand on the porch of my home, ready to face the consequences.

I sigh and turn the nob. My stomach churns in anticipation. Once I do all eyes flash up to me in anger. My twin runs up to me and throws his fist at my nose. Crimson liquid drips onto the floor and I groan in pain.

"This is for Rylee." He knees my stomach.

"And this is for being an arrogant ass." He throws me on the ground.

"And this-" Cole is about to fracture one of my bones i was sure of it. but the hit never comes. Luke holds his fist, stopping him from injuring me further and I thank him silently.

"I should let him finish you off." Luke picks me up harshly by my shirt.

"Stop bleeding on my floor Adrian." Noah's voice comes out of nowhere.

"Noah I can explain." I begin.

"Save it Adrian." He laughs bitterly.

"She's safe. I promise." I cough out the blood.

"You fucking screwed this time." Noah says.

"Where is she?" Cole blurts out.

"You know what she was supposed to do today? Hmm?" Luke asks but I don't answer.

"Today she was supposed to go back to school. She was supposed to be a normal teenager living her life. And you ruined it, her only chance of being normal again!" His screams engulfed in sadness.

"She can't live a normal life if she's kidnapped again!" I cry.

"I love her! The day she left was the worst day of my fucking life and If I lose her again." My vision becomes blurry from the tears I try not to spill.

"I promised to make flower crowns with her. I promised to protect her. I was supposed to be her knight and shining armor but I failed. I won't fail again!" I rap my arms around myself as I fall apart.

My brothers looked shocked to see me this pathetic. But Rylee is my weakness and I want to hold her again and thanks the decision I made, I will.

"Adrian." Cole's eyes soften and he kneels Down to the floor and unexpectedly hugs me.

"Im sorry." He says.

"Give me a week. It's all I ask. If Rylees abuser isn't gone in a week I'll get her back here under your protection." I pull away and face Noah. He looks conflicted with the offer I purposed.

"She's somewhere safe now, I promise."

We all look at him eager for a decision.

"You have a week Adrian." He says.

————————————————————————————————————

Hiiii again!!!!

I hope this chapter wasn't too bad....but umm I was tired 😂...

Also I got a lot of comments on the sweater weather thingy 😌 and yes if you got it...you got it....🤪

Please comment, vote and have a nice day :)