Part 26: Happy

'Ah Hao, you promised!' Shigu is breaking free from the hug. 

Haoting clicked his tongue when Shigu drives away. 

They got the key to their new home this morning and Shigu just get ready to go somewhere without telling him anything else. 

Not to mentioned he did his hair and wear a proper outfit. He sprayed cologne too. Looking insanely cute and hot and alluring and beautiful and majestically mystical. Haoting is struck in   awe for some times.  He marvel at the beauty until Shigu left his sight.  

Then Haoting slumped on the sofa, texting Sunbo to ease his annoyed heart. He traced the to do list notes that Shigu wrote for him today.

"Unpack the boxes according to their numbers and locations. Box 1-3 - Bedroom. Box 4-5 - Living Room, Box 6-8 -Kitchen, ...

- Don't break things! 

- I love you! - Xiao Gu :) "

After a solid half an hour whining on the phone, he starts unpacking. The Freedom Gang will drop by to help with unpacking. He starts with the photo frames and put them all around their house. 

Shigu sat upright, his hands on his knees. His throat felt dry.

His aunt pats his back reassuringly, smiling at his nervous nephew. Her husband looks over amusingly. He doubt he has any say in this matter but he just tags along his wife. 

'Aheemm...' Mr Xiang clears his throat. He drinks his wife's coffee instead of his tea. He might need whisky. He continues, 'So you are asking for my permission to marry my son.' 

'Yes.' Shigu affirmed. 

'How many years has it been?'

'8 years.'

'8 years ago, you sat at this same couch, asking for permission to date my son. Promising that you'll make a man out of my useless son. Now you are asking to marry him.'

Shigu nods, 'Yes.'

Yong Ching secretly took a photo and sent it to her brother. Shigu smiles. He knows Haoting will be here soon. There is no secret between the brother and sister. At least he needs to properly asked for permission without Haoting bulldozing and picking a fight with his own Dad. Both of them are so immature. 

Mr Xiang downed the coffee. ' Are you happy for these past 8 years?'

'Yes'.

'Will you be happy even after 8 more years to come with our useless son.'

'Haoting is a very reliable man that I will be happy with the rest of my life. I am very sure of it.  We might not have a lot now, but I am sure we will be someone that will make you feel proud of. Just give us some times. We could achieve greatness faster if we are together. '

Mr Xiang squeezes the bridge of his nose. These madly in love man in-front of him will never take no for an answer. He should have known since he accepted the request 8 years ago. He turns sideways to his wife. 'Wife, are you happy with this?'

His wife nods immediately. 'Of course!'

He turns to Shigu's aunt & uncle. They both nod. 

Finally, he turns his attention to his daughter. Yong Ching grinned triumphantly, blinked rapidly, and started clapping.  

From afar, sound of footsteps approaching at a lightning speed. 

'Pa! What did you bullied my Shigu for???' Haoting dashed in with sweats on his body from all the running. He greets the rest but kneel down immediately beside Shigu. As if protecting him against his Dad. He checks him from head to toe. Looks alright.

Mr Xiang gripped the coffee cup tightly, annoyed AF. ' Yu Shi Gu, are you sure you are happy with this useless son of ours? Please, think it through...'

Haoting is confused. 

Shigu giggles and relaxed finally. 'Yes, I am sure.' He answered in a soft voice, looking at Haoting with a loving gaze. His face is flustered.

Haoting melted to the floor. MR Xiang wanna get rid of his son as soon as possible.

*

'Woohoooooo!!! Shigu! You're the man!' 

Sunbo slow-clapped when Haoting brags about Shigu asking his hands in marriage from his parents. 

The rest of the Freedom Gang gave him a standing ovation. These barbaric brothers. They burst into laughter when Shigu rolls his eyes. 

'Congratulations!!'

Shigu smiles shyly but did not add to the conversations. He slurped his Bubble Tea peacefully. But his face is flushed. He flips the pages of the proposal albums prepared by Mei Fang. He can't believe Haoting did these kind of arrangement since their first year of university. 

Mei Fang, the exclusive photographer of the Freedom Gang.   

Mei Fang shrugs, she can't believe Yu baby actually can keep up with this group for closed to 10 years. She is impressed. 

Shigu no longer works at the cafe but this place always feels like home. Some of the old staff that knew him greeted him cheerfully, but they make sure not to hug or touch Shigu when they can see Haoting looming protectively in the background. 

Zhigang walks nearer with a tray of food.

'So, when is the wedding?', Zhigang sat down beside his husband. Sunbo helped fix the stray hairs back to the side of Zhigang's ear. His hair is getting longer. 

'Next year. Enough time for preparations.' 

Zhigang taps on Shigu's head. ' Let me know if you need anything.'

'Thank you Zhigang Ge.'

Mei Fang continues snapping away with her huge ass camera. She has been part of the circle since the past few years. Xia En rounds his arm around Mei Fang 's waist while Xia De took the camera away. 

'Lunch first baby.' the twins said in unison. 

A/N: Well well well...