2nd Anniversary

CLICK. 

Shigu heard the door lock behind him as he walks into the dorm. He saw it many times from the photos but it is tidier and bigger than he had expected. 

Haoting smirked and proceed to placed the lunch on the small table. 

Study desks arranged side by side but there is a partition wall right in the middle, separating the room into two, The layout is almost symmetrical, with the exact things in pair; bed, wardrobe, desk. 

Haoting's bed has some clothes piled at the end of the bed, some books on the floor and on top of the study desk. Shigu walks closer to the study desk while Haoting preparing their lunch in proper bowls.

One family photo taken during their housewarming party, one photo with Haoting's gang during high school graduation, and the rest are Shigu photos. Words of affirmation on the wall in bold. "Work hard and marry Shigu!", underneath it is a smaller note written "also make Mom and Dad proud, be a cool bro for Yong Ching!"

Haoting is so dumb. Shigu shakes his head, looking through the books and course notes. It's so different that his major. 

'Lunch is ready, babe!'

Shigu sat himself at the small table. Haoting placed the hot noodles carefully and poured a cold cranberry juice into the glass. He turn the A/C up to make it more comfortable. It was humid outside. 

'Thank you. Let's eat.'

'Wait, you forgot something' Haoting said while putting one of his hand on the back of Shigu's chair. One hand on the table.  He lowers his head teasingly, bringing his lips closer and stopped right in front of Shigu's face. He pucker his lips and waits.

Shigu pecks as fast as lightning on that full lips, turns away, and starts digging into his food. His face is turning red and he can see Haoting is laughing. They are together for almost two years and Haoting still makes him shy. 

'Your phone is with you?' Haoting asked. 

Shigu nodded and reached for his pocket. But then he realised he probably put it in his bag. 'In the bag.' 

Haoting said nothing and drinks to water to washed down the noddles. 

'I was worried earlier, when you called me.'

'Why?'

'You rarely called me in the middle of the day. And you dropped the call so abruptly. You should mentioned it to me so I can pick you up.' 

'Haoting, I am a man.'

'I know babe. I know. I'm worried. That's all. Lucky you met Yu Hao. Is he nice to you?'

'He said hi first when I was waiting downstairs. I think he's nice to everyone.'

Haoting laughed loudly, 'Only to some people, babe. He inspected this room so many times. He bought that partition wall and placed it in the middle. He makes it clear that no one should mess with his boyfriend.'    

'That possessive? That's why you didn't react when he kicked the bench earlier? 

Haoting nodded. 'It happens time to time. Zi Xuan allows him that liberty to claim him in public.' 

Shigu refills their glasses. 'I'm sorry for visiting you without notice. I...'

Haoting raised from his chair and shut Shigu with a kiss. 

'Uhhh...Ah Hao! Stop it..' Shigu put his hands on Haoting chest, stopping him. 'I want to see your university.'

Shigu has different plan, but it's for tonight. Having sex when it's bright and in the middle of the day is still awkward for him. Especially with what he has in mind. 

Haoting is confused. 'Uhh...okayyy'

He do the dishes in hurry and then left the dorm, bringing Shigu with him to explore the campus. 

*

'Welcome to my faculty!' 

Haoting hold his hand and walks along the hallway, showing the rooms and facilities. A few students look at Haoting, twice at least. Something is different. 

Haoting never shows that kind of happy expression - walking with someone, holding hands, smiling and chatting happily. His coursemates and members of the faculty blinks their eyes. Shigu noticed the attention, but Haoting did not bat an eye. 

They walked around, enjoying the view. Haoting is playing tourguide and entertained Shigu through the day. He loves the fact that he can show off Shigu to the world. 

Suddenly, the two girls from earlier stopped them in the middle. 

Haoting greeted them, not very enthusiastic. 'Hey...'

'Hello!' They both said in unison. 

Shigu nodded to acknowledge them. Haoting further the intro, 'This is Yu Shi Gu, my boyfriend.' Then he pointed at the two girls, 'they are Zi Xuan coursemates.' 

'Ohhhhh... I'm Lin. This is Xiao Hua. Do you want to join the drinking party tonight?'

Haoting looks at Shigu. 'Thanks for the invite, but we're good. Enjoy the party. Bye' . Shigu sighed in relief. Haoting smirked. It's easy to understand Shigu from his facial expression. It might not be obvious to others but he is getting good at picking the subtle shift of his boyfriend body language. Plus, he wants to enjoy every minute with Shigu without other people interfering. They left the two girls again, as if they never existed. 

They had an early dinner nearby the dorm after chatting at large field. Then head back to the dorm. 

'I'm sweaty, I'll take bath now.' Shigu grabs the towel from Haoting after the latter dries his hair. Looking at shirtless Haoting is bad for his heart. 

Haoting sat on the bed. He reached out to Shigu's opened bag and picked the phone. He lies down on his stomach. "12 missed called from Ah Hao. 1 missed called from Boss Zhigang." Haoting already texted Zhigang at lunch that Shigu is with him. Nothing to worry about. 

Shigu rarely use his phone like people his age. Habits die hard sometimes. 

Shigu walks out from the bathroom. Haoting shirt looks big on him, as always. Haoting propped his arm on the bed, lying sideway to enjoy the view. He likes what he sees. Shigu moves across the room, drying his hair at the balcony. This guy is clearly clueless of his own charm.

Shigu is aware of Haoting gaze on him. He tilted his shoulder on one side. Zhigang's word rang in his ear.

'Make it effortless. Like you don't even realize your action is seducing him.'

Shigu is figuring that out. He tilts his shoulder even further, exposing a large portion of his left shoulder when he is drying his hair. Facing the night view from the small balcony.

Haoting licks is lips. His blood rushes down. Shigu seems unaware of his surrounding and the tension he created.

A/N: Trust me Haoting, he is absolutely aware of what's he's doing.

Shigu breathed in the night breeze. He felt a warmer breath on his ear. Haoting envelopes him in a backhug, snuggling his nape. 

'Happy anniversary, babe'. Haoting buries his face on the crook of Shigu's neck. Inhaling his scent.

Shigu smiles as he titled his head back. So, Haoting remembers. 

Shigu closed the sliding door at the balcony, turns to Haoting, and pushes Haoting slowly back to the bed. 

'Happy anniversary Ah Hao.' He climbs on top of Haoting. Sitting on his abs. He reached to a ribbon in his bag and wraps it around his neck. 'I'm your present this year'

Haoting licks his lips. 'Perfect.'

***