Trust

*

Haoting grabbed the mobile phone quickly when he saw Shigu reaching for it. The sudden reflect is enough to startled Shigu, his eyes blinked rapidly.

The phone is ringing and Shigu wants to help picked it up since Haoting is still sleeping. He did not expect such a fierce reaction.

He is processing what just happened and remained beside the bed - unmoved. Haoting rose slowly from the bed, the phone is still in his hand. He tried to speak but he couldn't find a word to say.

'Shigu... I...'

Shigu walks away. 'I made tea and toast. Have a shower first.'

Haoting curled inside the duvet, cursing at himself. 'Fuck!'

*

Shigu sat at the small table in the living room. A small tea tray with hot Pu Erh tea and toast to start their morning. It should have been a calm morning. But now, it feels awkward. The warm tea feels bland.

Haoting sat down after the shower. Pouring the tea into a small teacup and sipping it slowly.

Shigu picks up his bag and check himself in the mirror to leave for work. 'Enjoy your breakfast.', with just that, he left.

Haoting stopped in his track to give a good morning kiss.

No kiss. Fuck, Shigu is mad.

He should have hidden Shigu's photo taken by Mei Fang as his wallpaper. He wasn't thinking when he grabbed the phone away from Shigu's hand. Now Shigu probably thinking Haoting have something to hide on his phone. Well, technically yeah, but No! He should explain properly to Shigu, but how?

He sips the tea and feel himself being paralysed by his own thoughts. He plays different scenarios in his head. None of them ended the way he likes. He was able to survive the past two months with the supply of Shigu's photos from Mei Fang.

Shigu rarely takes photo of himself. Whenever he text Haoting, it is always photos of the places around the uni, the food he is having, book he is reading, etc. Taking selfie is still awkward for him. Haoting doesn't want to push him.

Haoting sipped the last cup of tea. No solutions in his head. He'll talk to Shigu today.

*

Zhigang and Sunbo eyeing Shigu from the counter. He mechanically is doing his work diligently but something feels off. He did not have his radiant smile as usual. The air felt cold around him. The other staffs glances but nobody approaches him today.

'I'm gonna ask Haoting what did he do to Shigu. He looks like a zombie.'

'Yeah, do that. I'm gonna go help Shigu'

Zhigang walks over to Shigu and taps his shoulder. 'What's wrong? Feeling unwell?'

'No, no...I'm fine. Just a bit tired.'

'You sure?'

'Hmmm'

Zhigang continues arranging the cup after Shigu wipes them clean. He waited for Shigu to come out of his shell, as usual.

'Zhigang-ge...Can I ask you a personal question. If you don't mind?'

'I'll answer it in my capacity. What is it?'

' Do you check each other's phone? I mean is it something that couple's do?'

Ok. So Shigu does have something in his mind that is bothering him.

'Well, it depends on the partner. Communication is important. If you want to check each other phone, talk it out and understand why you want to do it. Is it distrust? Is it curiosity?'