Sunday

~Sunday 9AM~

Haoting tiptoed in the kitchen. He left the house earlier to pack for breakfast at a nearby stall. Arranging the takeout breakfast carefully in a tray ; *Youtiao, warm porridge, and hot tea. Their favourite. 

He placed the tray on the small foldable table beside the bed. Then he sits beside it, gazing at sleeping Shigu. 

He looks the same. The same boy that is studying and working so hard that he has to sleep in the infirmary at lunch break. Long lashes, prominent bones and jaws, likes to roll his eyes, smiles like a sunshine...

Haoting is melting like a puddle of water, propping his arms and looking at Shigu sleeping peacefully. 

He doesn't want to wake him up. But he also doesn't want the day goes to waste. Class starts tomorrow so he needs to be back to his dorm today. Time always flies so fast when you are enjoying something.

He climbs on the bed, enveloping Shigu in his embrace. 

"Morning sleepyhead,'' he whispers. Stealing a light peck on the tiny ear.

Shigu blinks his eyes slowly, adjusting to the light. Haoting have not yet opened the curtain and the house is dimly lit. It's comfortable to sleep in. 

Shigu returned the hug and running his fingers on Haoting's nape. Caressing him slowly and peck him on his forehead. 

Haoting smiles. "Breakfast in bed?''

Shigu nods.

''Yay! I went out earlier to the stall downstairs. They gave me extra Youtiao.'' He sets up the tray on the bed. Pouring the hot tea and offering it to Shigu. 

Warm Pu Erh tea in the morning is the best!

Shigu drinks the tea while listening to Haoting explaining his morning adventure. He feels warm, from the tea and from the man he loves. 

~7 PM~

''I will text you when I arrived at the dorm!'' Haoting shouted from the ground floor. Waving wildly while being dragged by Sun Bo. 

Shigu shakes his head and waves back. These boys are unbelievable.

Sun Bo will drive back to his university and drop Haoting off.  

Both having it tough to experience long distance relationship. 

''Shigu looks so pale. Did you even let him sleep?''

Haoting grinned like a devil. 

''You bastard!''

'' Like you're not. The other staff said Zhigang Ge left the cafe so early on the weekend. You're no saint!"

They both laughed. 

'' I'm glad actually...that I met Zhigang. He makes me want to do my best. ''

''I can see that.'' Haoting glanced to the ring on Sun Bo's finger. He never took it off since new year. Zhigang have the same. Nobody asked anything but everyone knows. "You wear the ring everyday?''

''Huh?'' Sun Bo is taken aback but his eyes focused on the road. Then he look at his couple ring. ''Ohh..this. Hmmmm, yeah, to remind myself that my heart, body, and soul belongs to someone else!'' He said dramatically, clenching his hand to his heart, winking to Haoting. 

''It's annoying. Just shut up!''

They continue bickering and making plans. 

~11PM~

'' I ARRIVED SAFELY THANKS TO OLD SUN BO XIANG. MISS YOU. GOOD NIGHT! I WILL CRAWL INTO YOUR SWEET DREAM!'' Haoting dropped a text. Then lied on his bed. 

Remembering something he needs to do, he scrolls his LINE, found what he is looking for and started typing. 

''Student Mei Fang! Good Day to you!"

1..2..3..4..5..6..7.. NEW MESSAGE

''You haven't broke up with Yu Baby??''

''Not in this lifetime, not in the next, never.''

''What do you want?''

''A deal. I heard you are taking photojournalism?''

''And?''

''Report to me if someone is being to close to Shigu. And take photos of him. You are the best at that.''

''Yu Baby is my favourite photo subject. What makes you think I'm not doing it now? And why should I share it with you?''. Mei Fang laughed while typing her reply. She's been taking secret photo of Shigu whenever she spotted him on campus. And it so happens that they were in the same group during the orientation. Shigu is friendlier now but he still maintains a respectful distance from everyone. She only knows that Shigu is still in relationship because Haoting and Sun Bo is always updating their lovey dovey moments on Instagram. She ships them, but she won't admit to it. 

''An exclusive right as our photographer, proposal, pre-wedding, wedding, honeymoon. I will even pay you.''

Mei Fang froze. She reread it again, and again, and again. 3 times to make sure she reads that correctly. 

~~ XIANG H.T is typing...~~

"Bonus. Exclusive right to Sun Bo & his partner as well. How's that?"

"Kyaaaaaa! Deal! I'm in! I will screen shot this and have you sign it. I'll even have it notarise and endorsed. Don't you dare back out!''

Haoting hums in triumph. '' With pleasure. ;) "

***

A/N: 

1) I'm not giving specific names to the university they are attending. And I assigned them to a degree in their respective universities. I know it's not easy to get accepted into your first choice option at a public university but this is fiction, so anything is possible. Bear with me. He heeee

Characters and their degree

X University  -  Shigu (Bachelor of Science in Physics & Math)

                            - Mei Fang (Bachelor of Photojournalism)

Y University   - Haoting (Bachelor of Computer Science (Software Engineering))

                            - Zi Xuan (Bachelor of Sports Science)

Z University  - Sun Bo (Bachelor of Business -eCommerce)

2) Youtiao is common breakfast meal. I guess it's like having an Asian version of Pancake Sunday. It's very fulfilling. Especially with scallop porridge and hot tea. I have this all the time back when I was a broke uni student.