ɪɪɪ

𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞; 𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

"𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚..."

××

THE SNOWY ground that started to crunch beneath their feet seemed like a imagery for ruined innocence. After all, the Volturi were there to eradicate those who created the immortal child. All of the three kings guards took their rightful place behind them in following them, the snowflakes falling from the skies had started coating the dark robes each member wore.

On the other side of the field stood the Olympic coven and their witnesses behind them. Everyone had started glaring at everyone else, all eyes darting all around as hatred seeped through their veins, except one person.

The familiar scent of her mate filled her nose, rose petals and firewood wafted through the air, a scent that the viking had longed for, a scent that invaded her mind every day since she left. Her red eyes scanned the field, attempting to catch the blonde curls that she remembered and finally settling upon them, eyes softening as she noticed the cold features the woman held.

Centuries of pain had turned her that way, Tanya wanted no part of her mate after the first century, she had sworn to herself that if her mate really wanted her, she wouldn't have left so easily. Tanya's eyes hardened at the scent of the viking, lead sulfide and pine, she knew that smell anywhere and she would be damned if she fell for it again.

(Y/n) was strictly zoned out, eyes only focused on the woman that manage to keep her heart locked in a personal cage for her to stare and smirk at. The only thing that broke her out was the monotone voice of Caius, calling out for Irina to come forward.

The blonde walked up, the rest of the guard following her with perceptive eyes. He pointed across the field to the little girl that stood clinging to her mother. "Is that the girl you saw?" Irina looked toward the viking before looking at the girl then tilting her head down. "I'm not sure."

"Jane?" Caius called towards the young vampire, but before she could do anything, Irina spoke. "She's changed. This child is bigger." The Denali looked up, malice filling her voice as her posture turned defensive. (Y/n) doing the same, but her stance went unnoticed by anyone in the Volturi, giving her the chance to be able to get Irina out in time if she had to.

"Then your allegations were false." The man spit out, "The Cullens are innocent, I take full responsibility for my mistake," Irina's eyes shifted over towards Bella, looking at her with remorse and guilt. "I'm sorry." She finished. Demetri lit a torch, waiting for Caius' to tear Irina apart so he could burn her.

But that's when the viking's protective nature kicked in, in no time, Irina had disappeared, Caius grabbing on to pure air as there was now no one in Irina's previous spot. No one in the Volturi knew this part of the viking's power, they all went under the abstraction that she could only drag people with the shadows.

Everyone looked around in shocked, the woman disappearing in front of their eyes and her scent no where to be found. Tanya and Kate both screamed, wanting to know where their sister went, but when they were blinded, they calmed down. Once both women got their eyesight back, Tanya's quickly moved to her mate, noticing the dazed but concentrated expression and the pagan's eyes frantically moving.

The viking's mate knew exactly what that meant, when the two were together, (Y/n) knew that she could never keep a secret from her mate, especially her gift. So, when showing the blonde, she'd always have this concentrated looked as she controlled the shadows around.