𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞; 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩."

××

"WHY DO you have yellow eyes?" The viking looked at her mate curiously as the last time she saw Tanya, the blonde had deep red eyes. Their hands were intertwined as they walked back to the Cullens' house, Tanya wanted to introduce her mate to the new members that she hasn't seen and then properly introduce the viking to the Cullens.

"I drink off of animals." (Y/n)'s eyebrows furrowed, she was never informed that you could drink from anything else from human, so the idea of drinking from animals confounded her.

"Essentially, we're 'vegetarian'." Tanya used her fingers to signify air quotes, her mate still looking confused but accepted the lifestyle the other woman chose. "Oh... interesting." A silence came over the two as they entered the home, Tanya not minding the stares that were sent her way, but the older woman that hung onto the blonde, was more anxious.

"Okay," Tanya paused, gaining the attention if her coven and the Olympic coven. "This is (Y/n). She is my mate, the one that I had lost all those years ago." The blonde huffed out, looking at (Y/n) who held an adorably shy expression, only being apparent to the younger vampire.

"Hi (Y/n), I'm Esme." The matriarch of the Cullens introduced herself first, giving Tanya's mate a warm smile, much like she always does to newcomers. (Y/n) almost could've sworn she was back home in Denmark, the similar smile the woman had to her mother made her undead heart swell and she wished she was given more.

The dazed expression didn't go unnoticed, the change in emotion didn't either, Esme saw the sudden affection that the viking wanted from her and was happy to know that someone would be willing to take in the woman due to her motherly nature.

(Y/n) had the urge to hug her, but refrained from doing so and nodded at the smiling woman. The of the Cullens soon followed after Esme in their introductions and when Bella introduced herself, the viking smiled at her.

"You're interesting for a vampire, Bella. I didn't wish to bring your ego down, nor do I wish to fight with you." Bella looked shocked at the apology, but accepted it nonetheless. She was interested in the shadow gift the viking had and wouldn't wish to be on her bad side either.

Tanya then turned over to the rest of her coven, Eleazer and Carmen, as well as Garrett, have been added to the coven and she knew that (Y/n) wouldn't have any idea who any of them were.

"Carmen and Eleazer have been in the coven for a while now. Garrett just joined." The blonde informed her mate, motioning her hand over who was who when she said their names. "Hello." All three vampires looked at the older vampire and smiled.

Garrett wasn't used to being in a coven, always being by himself, but he knew he could find a close friend in the viking. Garrett stuck his hand out for (Y/n) to shake but when the woman didn't do so, he awkwardly pulled his hand back but smiled when he realised the confused expression on the older woman's face.

"It's a handshake." Still, (Y/n) looked confused, she had been sheltered in Volterra for the longest time, so understanding new things was more confusing to her than her transition from human to vampire.

Again, Garrett stuck his hand out and motioned for the woman to do the same, once she did, he gripped his hand in hers and moved it up and down before pulling away. Tanya and Kate looked at each other with knowing looks, both their mates' interaction had them giddy on the inside.

Tanya looked over at the Cullens and smiled at them, "We'll be going soon." The rest if the family waved at them and (Y/n) looked over at the family as well. "Nice meeting you." However, before the Denali coven were to leave, Esme stopped the viking and gave her a hug.

"Welcome to the family." She mumbled, (Y/n) stayed frozen, the feeling she got from Esme's hug almost brought her to a dry sob, the comforting arms of a mother, a person she desperately missed. So, she hugged back, thanking the older woman then walking back over to Tanya, intertwining their fingers once more.

"Let's go."

××

The journey back to Alaska wasn't bad, but the constant feeling of paranoia had the (y/hc) woman on edge. At every second, she'd wondered who could be following them and if the Volturi would really let them be free at that moment.

When they arrived at the house, (Y/n)'s head was slightly ticking, it was something that she had picked up when the voices started.

"We do have one rule." Kate looked at Garrett and (Y/n), eyes narrowed. "No humans get killed. You guys will have to switch to our diet." Both red eyed vampires nodded at the authoritative voice the blonde held.

Tanya then dragged her mate into the house, her latter's red eyes looking around the house much like they did when they first met. Instead this time, the things that the viking could see passed by too quickly and then immediately stopped in front of a wooden door.

Behind that door was Tanya's room and the many items that littered it, caught the woman's eyes, the small cast away from her thoughts stopped the ticking for a moment. But when she was brought back into reality, it kicked in.

"Tanya- shut up. Not you- no, you." The blonde woman looked at her mate concerned, the voices in the viking's head becoming louder, the static like noise becoming more of a high pitched screaming, bothering her ears and her head.

"(Y/n), hey, hey." Tanya's hands placed themselves against the viking's face, holding her gently and allowing the older woman to just look at her. In that moment the voices stopped, red eyes looked into gold and (Y/n) immediately lost herself in her mate's eyes.

"How did you...?" (Y/n) trailed off, curious on how the woman in front of her made the voices stop. Tanya just looked confused, not really understanding what the older vampire was talking about. "The voices, you made them stop." The viking explained, watching as the golden eyes widened.

"I, I don't know." Still the older woman looked at her mate in awe, if Tanya had the power to stop the voices, then maybe she wouldn't have to be constantly tortured by their screams of pain and the constant berating of the shadows.

Tanya and (Y/n) didn't say anything, just staring at each other as Tanya kept her small hands on the adjacent girl's face, thumbs running over the prominent cheekbones and trailing down to the strong jawline.

In that moment, both girls didn't want this moment to end, but they knew at one point they would be facing difficult times.

The only thing they didn't know was; those difficult times might come sooner than later.

__________

yes. new chapter, yw. I love Tanya and (Y/n), yall are so fucking cute. hope yall have a good day or have had one, and I hope yall liked this chapter. a bit short I know but.. :)