ɪx

𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞; 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐬

"𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭, 𝐢𝐟 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭?"

××

IT HADN'T even been three days till Aro had come for (Y/n). The man, with his guard, had made their way to the Denali coven. The coven was expecting this completely, they had all put on acts of hurt for the Volturi, making it seem like that the girl had left to go to Volterra before. This made Aro surprised when he came to the home, not expecting the sudden emotion going through the coven.

"What do you want Aro? Here to take someone else?" Tanya spoke with hatred yet a wobbly voice as she truly looked over her memories before (Y/n) had went. "No quite, I'm only here to take (Y/n)," He paused for a brief second as his eyes trailed over to Kate before returning to Tanya. "For now." Tanya narrowed her eyes, her jaw clenching as she attempted hold back the sudden rage she felt. "What do you mean? You already took her. She left for the Volturi days ago." It was Aro's turn to narrow his eyes, they ran through each coven member, noticing the pained expressions they held but also the underlying hate.

"What do you mean 'she left for the Volturi'? She has never arrived there." The blonde looked at him with dead eyes and eyebrow raising. "Well, how should we know where she is? She told us she would be leaving for Volterra and won't be coming back because of you." Tanya hissed at the man, holding herself back from doing something she would regret. Aro huffed before turning to the his guards. "Search the area, see if she's hiding around here. If she is, there will be consequences."

Soon enough the five guards came back with empty hands, Jane looked a little afraid at what the man would say but stated their nonexistent findings to him. "None of us found her, not even Felix could pick up her scent anywhere." Her head raised, tilting her chin up to show her power standing between them. Aro grumbled under his breath but looked back over to the Denali coven. "It seems your mate has decided to run, very well then. We'll find her in some way." He turned away and motioned towards the others to follow him.

Once they were away, Tanya looked towards her coven. "Let's hope she figures this out." Each of them nodded at her and retired back into their home, all the while, Tanya was sending prayers to her God for the safety of her mate.

××

(Y/n) had stood on the eastern outskirts of the Canadian/American border, her eyes watching every scene that flew around her. She had this jittery feeling in her veins as she attempted to gain control of her surroundings. She was waiting for Marcus to arrive, for once and for all, the man would get his wish in leaving the Volturi because once it is let out that the man has left when Aro left and word comes out that the viking was missing, there would be a clear implication that the king is helping her.

The sudden voice of Marcus brought her out of her trance, the man walked over to the woman with a small smile on his face. "(Y/n)! I'm glad you made it, is everything alright between you and Tanya?" The viking nodded, giving him a nod and a shrug. "I hope you're ready to be a traitor to your coven... as for Tanya and I, she, uh, was against it but when I told her what the possibilities could be if I stayed, she changed her mind." The older man nodded, happy to hear that there was no problems between her and her mate, but turned serious when he realized what her first words were to him.

"Right, yes. I am very well aware as to what is going to happen. As for the plan, it'll just be the two of us. Aro needs to lose his power and how do you suppose we do that?" Marcus questioned the younger girl, raising an eyebrow, it took the pagan a minute to figure out what he was planning, that was until it finally clicked. "We get rid of the ones with gifts." The older man snapped his fingers and nodded. "Jane, Alec-"

(Y/n) waved her hand knowing which ones that need to be taken down. "Chelsea, Afton, Corin-" The girl was cut off much like she did to Marcus, his finger lifting up to stop her. "Chelsea is in our situation, almost. Aro is using her like he's using all of us, it is because of Corin, that she stays. If we rid Corin, then she'll be easier to convince in leaving the Volturi."

"How do we get to Corin if she's always with Sulpicia and Athenodora?" The man unfortunately didn't think of that, all of his plans were rushed considering he had just left but he did have a general plan and it was the one he was stating right now. "We need to stage a scene. The wives only come out when they are needed for a witness. We could start a plan, have a newborn attempt to reveal the existence of vampire to humans, they'll be taken in for trial. I don't know if the queens would be there but it's worth a shot, that way we can get Corin, and once Corin is gone, Chelsea leaves. It's a domino effect, do you understand?" Marcus' smile became increasingly apparent as he was finally able to talk to someone about something he had brewed in his mind for the longest time.

"Wait, if Corin dies, the whole thing falls apart?" Marcus nodded excitedly, "Yes! That's exactly it. I'm unsure why it took so long for me to figure it out but I finally did." The viking scratched her head confused, "So, Corin falls, Chelsea would want to leave? Meaning there isn't that balance or loyalty that she would be shoving down all the guards throats. The guards wouldn't want to be there, leaving their loyalty as false pretenses. But Jane would stay loyal? Alec? Surely they wouldn't leave." The older man looked at her with glimmering eyes, for once the Volturi would be damned and it wouldn't have to take killing the kings to get that point across.

Everything is being held down by one person. "Yes, Jane and Alec, Felix and Demetri would stay loyal. Afton would leave with Chelsea. Heidi... well, Heidi would leave as well. Her original coven was killed due to their increase in people. Irina ever tell you about the coven her mate was in?" (Y/n) looked back on their conversations till a name popped in her head. "Laurent? He was killed by the wolves, because he 'tried' killing Bella."

"He was killed, yes. But he was in a coven with two others, Victoria and James." The viking nodded, confused where this was going. "Where does this tie Heidi into this?" She question, eyebrows stitched together as she tried to search her brain for outside information. "Victoria was in Heidi's coven, Victoria escaped while the rest of her and Heidi's coven was murdered. Victoria found Laurent and in finding him, found his mate. Heidi is in it because of Chelsea as well."

"I see. What about Renata and Santiago?" Marcus hummed, his finger tapping his chin lightly as he wracked his mind for all the information he had with the two. "Aro asked Renata to join because of her repelling gift. Her uncle forced her so there wasn't any bad implications between him and us. Chelsea controls her as well. She would leave. Santiago, though... I'm unsure where his loyalty lies and if it is controlled by Chelsea."

"Okay, that's all we need. Come on, we have to keep moving, we go further North, I'll cover our scent to not get tracked, don't worry." She said towards the man, sprinting off as quickly as possible but making sure that Marcus could keep up.

The first step was to formulate a plan, check.

Second step was figuring out how they were going to get a newborn to reveal themselves.

________________________________

bruh, the actual fact that the lore is crazy blows my mind, feels like i'm playing a video game :D