xɪɪ

𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞; 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

"𝐒𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭."

××

"CARLISLE, WE need your help. I'm not asking you to say yes, but the Volturi is falling. (Y/n) left by herself to finish the job, Jane, Alec and Santiago are dead. We don't know who's left and we don't know who stayed, but we could use the help." Tanya spoke through the phone, the other man picking up on the desperation that was laced in her voice. 

His children stayed still as they heard the words that left the woman's house. There was no way that the Volturi would fall, Alice hadn't even seen a vision of it happening, so to say they were all surprised was such an understatement. Carlisle looked at his family for a brief second, they knew what their options were but they also knew that the Denali's had helped them when they became witnesses, so they would do the same... except this time, they weren't playing witnesses. 

Edward looked weary, glancing between his wife and his family, but he knew that he couldn't deny his 'cousins' help when they helped him in his time of need. So, with the nods from the others, Carlisle answered the woman on the other side of the phone line. "We'll be there." He said shortly, gaining a relieved answer from the blonde. "Thank you." 

And that started the journey to Italy, the Cullen's had met up with the Denali's in Alaska, Tanya quickly filling them in as she ushered for both the covens to start their way to Italy.

While the two covens were on their way to Italy, the viking woman had picked Marcus back up, the glint in her eyes were murderous and, no, it wasn't for the former king. Instead, it was meant for the two current ones, if Felix had taken her advice, she would wholesomely spare him, he was trapped in the same situation as the others, but she had no remorse for Santiago, Jane or Alec. 

Aro's main powers were gone and now he would have to know that there was no way he would take down the younger woman. She would be his main source of power if he had her, but no, she was on the opposing side and Aro was against her. He knew how this would go down, but if he took her down with him, then he would be satisfied. 

The pair of outlaws stood outside of the entrance to Volterra, some former guards watched from a distance and none of them made a move to stop them, only sending the two grateful looks. There was no need to sneak in at this point, because of the few guards that ended up staying loyal to Aro, turned into rubble laying promptly on the ground. 

"Aro... come out, come out." The woman singed out, she would happily admit that the dark side of her mind started to take over. The shadows being happy that she was allowing them control of her body, even if it was just a little. Each voice praised her for each kill and only she would know how loud they would be when Aro and Caius dropped dead due to her own hands or even Marcus'. 

Although Aro knew that he wouldn't stand a chance, it didn't stop him from revealing himself to the duo, an evil grin appearing on his face as he knew the plan that he had in store. "There you are. I was beginning to wonder if you ran away like the coward you are." She told him, head tilted as she recalled all the times that Aro would order guards around while he, himself, stayed behind them.

"You've managed to take down the strongest powers in my guard in less than a couple days. It's a wonder how your gift works..." He started, it was an attempt to convince the girl that she was on the wrong side, using a condescending tone to project it. "No, no, Aro. You think you can make me switch sides so easily? What a joke. You know why I came here, to cut off loose ends, and you, my dear king, are the loose end." Just as the woman was about to take a step forward, fire lit up just behind the man. 

"Setting up for your death, I can respect that." The woman took no time in grasping the man with her shadows, watching as he helplessly struggled to be released, this was an advancement to when he first met the viking, he was impressed. "Goodbye, Aro." 

And just like that... the man who ruled over the vampires for millenniums, fell to a woman who only lived for a few centuries. 

But he wasn't the only king, her mind had slipped for a few seconds and it was the few second that mattered. Caius came from his position from the shadows, his eyes shining with the thought that Aro's plan had worked, Marcus was too slow, far slower than Caius which allowed the blonde to dismember the woman's limbs. 

Her arms were ripped from where they had kept their place, but unlike being a smart person, Caius tossed her arms to the ground instead of the burning fire that sat a few feet away. The woman dropped to her knees, a scream rippling through empty building, but it wasn't the viking's, it was Tanya's. 

Her fury had gripped her mind, rushing into the blonde king like a madwoman and that she was, her burning golden eyes, blazing with an unreal amount of anger that no one had managed to see before. Her pale hands gripped the man's head and tore it off swiftly, tossing it into the fire as Caius should've done with the viking's limbs. 

Disgust littered her face as her eyes glazed over the man's limp body, being quick to dispose of it as well, and soon enough, that disgust turned into worry, her mate's body kneeling motionlessly, but the only that contradicting the motionlessness was the smirk on her face. "Oh, Tanya... you always disobey my words, but how lovely for you to turn up. You finished off the last one, seems as you're the hero, my love." (Y/n)'s words were sweet, she always wished to share some sort of conquest with her mate and she finally had gotten her wish. 

"Please help me with my arms though, I'm trying to kick Garrett's ass later." The chuckle the blonde gave her mate was almost forced but the relief that filled her system allowed her to laugh. "Hey!" The said man shouted out, a childish frown appearing on his face from the words the woman spoke. 

Once her arms were reattached to her torso, (Y/n) rolled them out for a minute till she was able to turn to her mate. "That's how you do it." She smiled at the blonde who gave her a nice smack to the side of her face, feeling as it started cracking her skin, she let out an 'ow'. "Fair enough." 

Just as the hotheaded blonde was to retaliate, another voice echoed in the building, the sound of the flames crackling behind them turned into white noise as each vampire realized who it was. "Just as I felt, Aro is dead." Sulpicia spoke, Athenodora by her side as they flawlessly made their way to the vampires in the center of the room. "Caius too." Athenodora added, with a nod of her head. 

"Queens." (Y/n) said, head bowing in a respectful manner. "Aro needed to-" 

"We know, (Y/n). And we applaud you for what you've done, you've released us from our prison and not only us, but the others as well." Sulpicia said, a smile gracing her face as she looked over the empty floor. 

The three thrones stayed still on the top of the stairs, the only remaining factor that represented Aro, but (Y/n) had another idea. It may have represented Aro, Caius and Marcus as the three kings, but now she knew it would represent a different thing. 

Sulpicia, Athenodora and Marcus. 

The true royalty, the true law makers. Only they would rule willingly with better laws and less consequences. Less deaths, less biased opinions, less anarchy. 

The two queens and the one king. 

"You were always meant to rule." Was all the viking said as she bowed her head to the three. 

_________________

last chapter bois