ᴠɪɪɪ

𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭; 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬

"𝐢'𝐦 𝐚 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧, 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚."

××

THE ONE thing that no one in the Denali coven was expecting that day, was the entrance of the Volturi guards. (Y/n) had immediately perked up when she felt the familiar aura of the guards, she had jumped up from her position on the couch, the others having confused expressions on their faces. "Volturi." Was all she said, the family jumped up just as the viking did and stood guard. A knock on the door was heard, Tanya walking towards it with narrowed eyes. 

She opened it to find the five guards, Jane standing in front of the other four. "Hello, vegetarians." The blonde girl started, voice emotionless as ever. Tanya scowled, "What do you want?" Jane gave a small smile, "Oh, I don't want anything but I've come to inform that Master Aro wanted to inform your mate that he is coming to take you back and soon." With a nod, Jane left with the others, Tanya couldn't help but slam the door. 

Her heart was breaking already and she didn't know what to do. (Y/n) looked at her with hardened eyes then switching to look at the others. "I'm not leaving." The older woman crossed her arms, head tilted up in an authoritative manner. "Then what are we going to do?" Tanya shot back, although her heart would break if the viking did leave, she didn't want to put her coven in trouble with the Volturi in trouble. 

"I'm not leaving you again. I did that before and I'm not doing it again." The blonde scoffed while the other vampires in the room looked on with intense stares. The tension in the room had skyrocketed and the others were unsure if there was going to be a fight between the two. Garrett took the initiative in leaving first, although they would still be able to hear the two, but he felt as if it was necessary to give them privacy. Kate followed after and soon enough Carmen, Eleazar, and Irina had left as well. "How do you think you'll get away from them?" The viking shrugged and just stared at the woman. 

"I'm a shadow manipulator for a reason, Tanya. I'm used to hiding in the shadows, I'll figure something out. But, I'm not leaving you. Not again." (Y/n) came up to Tanya and held her face gently, the blonde couldn't help the venom pooling in her eyes, she didn't want the older woman to leave, it just brought out the hate she had for the Volturi. "I know, but I don't want anything to happen to the others." 

"Nothing will happen to them, they want me. If they try anything with you guys, then there will be serious issues. I'm tired of the Volturi, I'll figure something out." Tanya nodded and brought the woman into a hug, holding her tightly. 

××

It seemed as if the Denali's weren't the only ones, as they got a letter not too long later. Tanya knew of the conversations her mate had with one of the kings, she couldn't say that she hated him, in his letters he always expressed how he's glad that (Y/n) finally got back to Tanya and how much he wished he could leave. But this letter was different this time and both of them knew that.

(Y/n), 

Jane has probably made her way and told you what Aro had wanted, which is you. I tried my best to tell him that he should leave you alone, but Aro being, Aro, said no. His need for power is getting out of control and I'm unsure how long it's going to take till he realizes that I'm no longer under Chelsea's power, but when he does, I will remain "loyal" to him. I am coming up with a plan, I don't know when Aro is going to come get you, but you must stay away from Tanya and the others. They will, no doubt, get involved if you are still there. When you are gone, do your best to stay concealed.

-Marcus

(Y/n) ran her face against her hand, she would have to leave early and for an unspecified amount of time, something she was but wasn't expecting. "Tanya!" She shouted for the other woman, the blonde running to her quickly, thinking that se was in some sort of trouble. "What's wrong?" She asked, a look of nervousness spread across her face when she saw the expression the viking wore. (Y/n) handed her the letter she received from Marcus. "I have to leave, I said I wouldn't but I have to now." She sighed out, running a hand through her hair, she had told Tanya that she wouldn't leave but now it seems as those words were a broken promise. 

"What, wh-" Tanya started but got cut off by her mate. "Marcus said that if I stay here, you guys will be involved, I don't want that." The blonde tossed the letter to the side and sat on the bed, her head being placed in her hands at the news. "Tanya..." The viking tried to get the woman's attention but, unfortunately, the blonde didn't care what she had to say. "(Y/n), I don't care. Leave if you have to." (Y/n)'s face dropped and she felt hurt filling her veins. 

"Tanya, I don't want you to be mad at me-" 

"I'm not mad at you. I'm trying to get my head over the fact that you're leaving because of the Volturi, again. It seems every time I get something happy in my life, it gets taken away." (Y/n) felt guilty, if she didn't get caught by the Volturi all those years ago, they wouldn't be in this situation, it was all her fault that this was happening. She took a spot next to the younger woman and placed her hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry." Tanya shook her head and lifted it, leaning it on the older woman's shoulder. 

"Do what you have to do, but come back to me." The viking nodded her head and held the woman tightly. "I will." 

________________

short chapter, sorry babes