-☆𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗧𝗼 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗖𝗵𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗱 𝗢𝘂𝘁.☆-

★·.·'¯'·.·★ . ★·.·'¯'·.·★

It felt like Shuichi was a misbehaving student in a principal's office. Not that he had ever gotten in trouble at school with his teachers, but perhaps this was in a way what it was like as he was being glared at by Byakuya. Of course, Kokichi was there beside Shuichi, however Togami made sure to put them in seats placed far apart. He wasn't in the mood to give these two a chance for round two, and mentioning that, Shuichi tried to explain what happened, but Togami silenced him and spoke up.

"You know what truly disgusts me? Gremlin. Why don't you answer?" Byakuya asked, leaning back against the front of his desk, arms folded over his chest.

"No idea." Kokichi commented, staring at his hand with an uninterested look. Shuichi almost couldn't believe him! Why was Kokichi acting so nonchalant now!? They were obviously in serious trouble! When Byakuya's eyes looked at Shuichi, indicating he was waiting for an answer from him instead, Shuichi looked down nervously.

"U-um... I think you said it was... ignorant plebeians.." or it was something like that- Shuichi wondered. He bit his lip. Was he going to be fired? For being caught like that and now Byakuya surely got the wrong idea. But it wasn't like that! Kokichi and Shuichi merely ended up in that position by accident!..

...right?

Somehow, Shuichi felt it wasn't so coincidental when Kokichi grabbed him like that back then...

But his thoughts were interrupted when Byakuya sprayed him with water.

"Listen, Emo-mess, Gremlin. Do you know what you are ? Simply ignorant plebeians that couldn't fathom the tiniest scrap of my well knowledge mind. So I do not expect you to understand why I'm so disappointed with you two when you allowed criminal to escape on my parking lot." Byakuya stated, almost turning his nose up at the other two. "Never has a Togami allowed such filthy activity at their Walmart." He snapped. Then adjusted his glasses.

Shuichi was processing all this information at once. Criminals?! "W-wait! What do you mean by criminals!?" He asked, immediately earning another eye-piercing glare from Togami, whom sighed and held the bridge of his nose as he spoke again.

"Those men are criminals charged with robbery to even murder. Lately they have been targeting retail stores late at night. It's quite terrifying for normal people as yourselves, but for me, the boss of this empire, it is a hassle, indeed." Then he dramatically pointed an accusing finger at Shuichi and Kokichi.

"And you two were too busy with your little makeout session to even notice and allowed them to get away! I can understand Oma considering who he is, but aren't you an Ultimate Detective?"

"I.." Shuichi couldn't give an answer.
Boy, did those words sting. Shuichi stayed silent the entire time after that.

After a bit more of Byakuya chewing them out, Saihara and Oma answered a few questions by the officers, who seemed a bit awkward seeing Shuichi after what happened. They knew his uncle, and so, seeing the chiefs nephew making out with a guy in a Walmart parking lot could make you feel a lot of things. But they promised not to tell his uncle about what they saw, earning an embarrassed flush from Shuichi and a mumbled thank you.

★·.·'¯'·.·★ . ★·.·'¯'·.·★