-☆𝗝𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀☆-

★·.·'¯'·.·★ . ★·.·'¯'·.·★

Over the next week or so, Kokichi continued the dismissive behavior towards Shuichi. Whenever Shuichi asked or tried to talk to him, Kokichi would either ignore him or reply with the least amount of words possible and wouldn't even meet eye-contact.

"Hey, Saihara-kun. Come over and sit with us," called out Kaito, waving for his friend to join Kaito along with Kaede and Rantaro who were all on break. Shuichi smiled graciously and sat beside Kaito and across from Kaede.

"Thank you, Momota-kun," he thanked. Which Kaito gave Shuichi a thumbs up in return and told him it wasn't a problem.

"Ah, um. Saihara-kun," Kaede held out an open bento box. Her cheeks were lightly dusted with pink hues, her tone shy as she spoke. "My friend Kirumi-chan had been showing me how to cook lately, and I made you somethi-"

But she never even got to finished her sentence because the lovely omelette with rice she made for Shuichi was soon destroyed by a sudden invasion of ketchup. Kokichi had appeared from literally nowhere and began to, without a word and with a deadpanned expression, pour the entire bottle of ketchup on the beautiful and well put together lunch Kaede made. Everyone at the table was speechless; Kaede also horrified; then Kokichi turned around, and simply walked away like nothing happened.

For a moment, the people at the table had to process that. Then Rantaro tried to smile an awkward, assuring smile to Kaede. "I'm sure it still taste good. Nothing wrong a little extra ketchup.." he said, putting a hand on her shoulder as she stared with humiliation at the ruined lunch in her hands.

Though I don't think Kaede would agree with Rantaro, but after that, Shuichi definitely payed more attention to Kokichi.

.
.
.

"Oma-kun. I think we should talk," called out Shuichi as he ran a bit to catch up with Kokichi whom was stocking up the shelves. However, the smaller simply acted like he didn't hear a word and continued to put products away in their proper places. Shuichi took a breath and stepped right in front of Kokichi as he tried to leave.

"What's wrong ? Why are you acting so weird lately??!" Shuichi exclaimed , holding out his arms as a means to keep Kokichi from leaving. Shuichi's expression softened. "I know I acted a bit weird lately to you too, it's just..." It's just Shuichi didn't know how to deal with liking someone like this. But it wasn't like Shuichi went around being rude or acting out of line to their co-workers either like Oma had. "But at least I didn't go around taking it out on others like you did to Akamatsu-san!"

But it seemed that was just fuel to the fire. Kokichi immediately clenched his fist and glared at Shuichi. Honestly Shuichi probably had never seen the other look so upset before.

"Oooh! So this is about Akamatsu-chan then?"

"N-no! Let me explain-"

"Shut up. Keep your words in your mouth Saihara-chan." Kokichi muttered coldly, immediately walking around Shuichi and out of sight. Maybe that was a bit much, but Kokichi's chest ached, and hearing Shuichi just mention Kaede who obviously was more close to Shuichi than Kokichi thought, only made Kokichi extremely jealous to go along with his hurt feelings.

★·.·'¯'·.·★ . ★·.·'¯'·.·★