Left Behind - Finn Whitman x Reader (Kingdom Keepers) (Request)

Requested by @slytherinprincess07 on Quotev. I was super happy to write a one-shot for the Kingdom Keepers books. I've had the books for years and it's taken me so long to get through them because of school and such, but honestly, it's such an amazing series. If you're a person who likes Percy Jackson and Disney, I think you would like this book series. Also, let me know if you guys are happy with the length of these one-shots, whether you want them to be longer or if you're happy with it now. I wanted to experiment by making this one a little longer. Let me know about what you think of the style of them, if you like it in the third person, if you want a few in the first person, or even taking a shot at writing the second person. Please let me know what you guys think, I'd love to hear your feedback. And I am currently caught up on requests, and requests are still open!

(Y/N) held her books to her chest as she walked out of her class when the final bell rang. Boy, was she glad to be done with school for the day. Especially, since it was a Friday, she hoped she could catch her best friends before they left. Just to her luck, she spotted them near her locker. "Finn! Dill!" she exclaimed, excitedly.

Finn Whitman and Dillard Cole jumped a bit at the loud shout, but as they turned toward it, they smiled. (Y/N) was often a ray of sunshine to them, which was sometimes annoying, but also a breath of fresh air considering how much crap Finn had to go through nightly. "Hey wassup, (Y/N)?" Dillard said, punching her shoulder lightly.

(Y/N) laughed, used to Dillard's way of friendship. Finn smiled at the sound. It kind of sounded like bells to him, almost like Tinkerbell (and he should know). (Y/N) turned to her locker and started opening it so she could remove the weight from her arms. "You know, the usual. Algebra makes me want to die," she joked, getting more laughs out of Dillard and Finn. "So, I had an idea for this weekend."

"Oh yeah?"

(Y/N) smiled at the boys over her shoulder. "Well, I've been thinking. It's been a while since we hung out, so, for old time sake, video games at my place?"

Before Finn had gained famed after becoming one of the Disney Interactive Hosts at Disney World, he, Dillard and (Y/N) would play video games on the weekends. It was a nice time for just the three of them to laugh and talk without being interrupted (and absolutely destroying each other at Mario Kart). It was just so difficult for them to see each other now, though, what with high school homework. And Finn had been spending a lot more time with his DHI friends, too.

"Awesome!" Dillard exclaimed, fist-bumping (Y/N). "You in, man?" he asked Finn.

Now, Finn wanted nothing more but to accept the invitation and hang out with his friends like they used to. With his nightly fight for his life against Maleficent and the other Disney villains, he wanted that sense of normalcy back.

But when he opened his mouth to reply, his phone went off in his pocket. He shot (Y/N) an apologetic smile before pulling his phone out. Of course, Professor Philby had very bad timing. He read the text message and knew he needed to meet with the other Keepers for what their plan for the night was going to be. He gave (Y/N) and Dillard a sad look and said, "Sorry, guys. I can't."

"Hey, Finn!" The three teenagers turned at the new voice and (Y/N) kind of shrank into her locker. Amanda Lockhart. She had been a new girl at their school the same year Finn became a DHI, and she had definitely caught Finn's attention. She was partially the reason that (Y/N) hardly saw Finn anymore. Most of the time, she'd see the two of them talking in the hallway together, and she just never wanted to intrude on them.

"Oh, hey."

"Did you get Philby's message? Meeting at Maybeck's aunt's shop?"

"Uh, yeah, uh-"