The Barista - Modern!Mai x Female!Reader (ATLA) (Request) (Part 2)

I guess Mai is a little OOC in this part of the two-shot, but I kind of just wrote what felt right. I hope you like it! @whenlifegivesyoulemons I hope this is what you were hoping for! When I looked back at your request, I think I forgot something, but I hope you're happy with this! Remember, requests are open!

Ty Lee had her eyebrow raised as she crept down the hall of her apartment. She was doing her daily stretching when she started hearing humming. Her only roommate was Mai, and she never hummed. She tip-toed down the hall and peered into Mai's room, the door being slightly jarred.

Mai sat at her vanity, brushing her hair, a small smile gracing her lips. Ty Lee saw a nice kimono style dress hanging off of one of the large mirrors. She watched in interest as Mai for once kept her hair down except for pinning it away from her face. Ty Lee knocked on the door, letting Mai know she was there.

Mai jumped slightly in her seat, turning toward her door. "Erm...come in," she said, regaining her aloof nature, trying to keep the smile off of her face.

Ty Lee entered the room, extremely curious at this point. "Hey, Mai. You alright?"

"Yeah? Why wouldn't I be?"

"No reason. It's just...were you humming just now?"

Mai looked away from Ty Lee as a way to hide her rising blush. She hadn't told Ty Lee about her date, just because she knew she would make it a bigger deal than it was. Well, to her credit, it was a big deal. Ty Lee would just blow it out of proportion. "I think you were just hearing things," Mai said, turning back to her vanity to start applying light make up.

Ty Lee was not deterred by the diversion. She walked up next to Mai and began to admire the dress. "This is pretty," she mused.

"It's something I've had in my closet," Mai responded, applying eyeliner. Her mother had taken her shopping for a few nice dresses to wear to social functions, but to make Mai happy, she let her pick out the dresses. Ty Lee watched with a sly smile as Mai finished up her makeup. She took the dress off its hanger and walked behind the screen in the corner of her room.

"Is there a reason you're dressing up tonight?" Ty Lee asked, settling onto Mai's bed.

"There might be."

"Come on, that's all you're giving me?" Ty Lee whined.

"Yes. Now help me with this zipper." Ty Lee rolled her eyes before going to help her friend.

"So, this wouldn't involve a certain barista?"

Mai just hummed, keeping a secret smile away from Ty Lee. Ty Lee accepted the answer and zipped the dress up. The doorbell rang making both girls jump. Mai quickly grabbed her leather jacket and purse, and quickly put her boots on before making her way to the front door, Ty Lee quickly in tow. Mai opened the door, revealing (Y/N). (Y/N) had donned a nice white, button-up blouse with black pants. It was simple, but Mai thought she looked beautiful.

(Y/N) smiled as she saw Mai. The Asian girl looking as beautiful as ever, for once letting her hair down. Mai always dressed semi-nice, but (Y/N) had to appreciate that Mai put in the extra effort. The silk dress accentuating her body nicely, yet still giving her a sense of modesty. My beautiful Geisha doll... (Y/N) thought with a fond smile. "You look lovely, doll," (Y/N) said, holding a dark red rose out to the girl.

Mai blushed and looked down at the compliment. "Thanks," she muttered, trying to hide her red cheeks. She reached out and took the rose, giving it a sniff. "You look amazing."

The smile never left (Y/N)'s face, it just widened. "Shall we?" (Y/N) held a hand out.

Mai smiled back, taking the hand. "Of course." Mai turned to Ty Lee, who was giving Mai a glad smile. "Don't wait up."