Good Girls like Bad Guys - Male!Mai x Female!Reader (ATLA)

This was a request from Peacequeen from Quotev. I am so sorry this is so late. Work plus mental health plus I've actually been working on an original story idea has been taking a lot out of me. Inspiration is very hard to come by. Again, I am so sorry, but I hope this is what you wanted.

This will have a 15+ rating on it, for a slightly heated scene as well as some violence. As well as trigger warning: this story will involve bullying and a bit of violence between the characters. There are hurtful words in this one-shot, but please know, you are all beautiful people and if you are being bullied to any extent, please go to someone. None of you deserve to be treated like that.

Also, IMPORTANT. If you guys request any one-shots, PLEASE don't just give me names from fandoms. I would like to give you these one-shots, but as I have proven, I really don't have the creativity to always come up with one-shots for these characters at will. A lot of the original one-shots I have done, the idea came to me randomly. I really need some sort of context you would like because otherwise, it's going to take so much more time and energy that I really don't have.

So why do good girls like bad guys? I've had this question for a really long time.

        (Y/N) bobbed her head slightly to the music blasting through her earbuds as she walked toward her high school. She wasn't ready to face reality just yet. School was bad enough, but she had to deal with people. And she was not here for it.

        She continued to rock to her music, doing a slight two-step dance as well as she headed up the steps. She usually tried to get to the school early so that she could keep her headphones on as well as beat the crowded hallways. She liked having the time to get situated at her locker instead of rushing. She set her book bag at her feet as she opened her locker. Putting her phone on the top shelf, she began gathering her books for the day. Until the locker door slammed.

        (Y/N) jumped, the door just missing shutting on her arm. Unfortunately, the door successfully closed on her earbud wire, yanking the earbuds out of her ears. She looked up at who had slammed her locker door shut, and the sight made her want to shrink away. A tall boy with longish black hair framing his face, accenting his Asian heritage, stood with an arm against her locker. His amber eyes narrowing at me, a scowl on his face.

        (Y/N) tried to back away from him, but she jumped as she ran into another boy. He was a bit shorter than the first boy, but the smirk on his face made him a lot more intimidating. "Morning, freak."

        "A-Azulon," (Y/N) greeted, backing away from the boy, stopping against her locker. "I-Isn't it a little...erm...early? For this, I mean." She took a quick glance at the tall boy next to her, his arm still resting against her locker, his eyes still locked on her in a glare. She quickly ducked her head, avoiding eye contact.

        "Wow, the mouse has some bite in the morning!" The cheerful yet mocking voice came from the third boy surrounding (Y/N). His brown hair and wide innocent eyes hid a rather harsh tongue.

        "N-No, Ty Lee, I-I just don't want any trouble."

        "See that's the thing," Azulon began. He walked toward (Y/N), causing her to shrink toward the locker even more. He put his hand against the lockers, leaning in toward the timid girl. "We do want trouble. Right Makai?"

        (Y/N) looked up at the taller boy, silently pleading him to refuse. To say something against this. Makai continued to glare at the girl, but he nodded a 'yes' to Azulon's question. He never said anything in these confrontations.

        The nod put a malicious grin on Azulon's face. "Good enough for me." Azulon grabbed (Y/N) by the collar of her shirt and shoved her hard against the locker, the girl gasping in pain as her head hit the metal.