IX

Percy's POV

   I woke up, groggy and dazed, there was a figure standing above me that I couldn't make out, but I was too confused to worry about who they might be. I noticed the taste of warm cookies in my mouth as I tried to sit up, someone had given me nectar or ambrosia. 

   "Percy?" A voice said, sounding familiar, I was wrapped in a tight hug that smelt like Annabeth.

   "Annabeth?" I asked, she pulled away and my vision started to clear. I could see my girlfriend's beautiful grey eyes and blonde princess curls and incredible smile.

   "Are you okay? What happened?" She asked,

   "That hole opened in the ground and a bunch of monster's came out." I said, "And this Drakon destroyed half of the Tower, dropped a ceiling on me, but then I killed it by chucking Riptide in it's mouth. I also think I may have broken a few bones and I probably have a concussion but I'll be fine"

  Annabeth gave me a disbelieving look but passed me Riptide, "Everyone else is coming, where's my dagger?"

  "I think the captain dude has it" I told her, "He has no clue how to use a weapon"

  "You mean Captain America" Annabeth said, helping me up, 

  "Probably" I replied, turning around to see monsters everywhere, SHEILD was failing, badly. I ran towards the battle and started slashing, Annabeth running off to find her dagger. There were only a few people who were actually doing anything, me, the redhead, Annabeth and I could see another girl I didn't recognise who seemed to be killing a lot of monsters. She was moving her hands around and red stuff was coming out of them or something, maybe she was telekinetic?

   Whatever she was, she was doing a lot of damage, I thought as I saw Annabeth take her dagger off the captain dude and start stabbing, she looked like a beautiful warrior princess.

   The monster's kept coming, the only way we would be able to stop the flow was somehow sealing the gaping hole in the middle of central park, but to do that we had to actually get the hole, which meant a lot more monster killing.

   My arms were aching and whatever Annabeth had given me was wearing off, swinging Riptide was getting harder and harder. My head and heart were pounding and I was fairly sure most of my body was covered in blood, both mine and monsters', which was definitely very gross.

   I felt like giving up by the time I saw pegasi descending from the sky. I watched as the entirety of Camp Half Blood fell from the sky, covering in all the armour and weapons the camp owned.

   I was so tired I didn't notice SHEILD aiming their guns at my friends until they went off with an earthshaking bang, I watched helplessly as an uncountable amount of bullets raced towards my friends. 

   Suddenly everything stopped, a wave of bullets halted in midair, hovering just feet away from my friends, who looked around with confusion, wondering what on earth had saved them.

   "What the hell are you doing Wanda?" The boss dude shouted, "These are terrorists!" He turned to the woman who I'd thought was a telekinetic, who was stood still, clearly putting a lot of effort into holding back all the bullets.

   She had her hands held out of front of her, slightly shaking with the effort, in one movement she thrust her palms towards the ground and every single bullet did the same, caterpaulting into the earth and digging into the ground. "With all due respect Fury" She said, "These are children, children who you have attacked, kidnapped, psychologically tortured and shot at, and what have they done to you?"