XVII

Percy's POV

   SHIELD arrived at the same time as the news reporters. They evacuated what must have been all of central park, pushing away all the new reporters who tried to talk to us.

   "What's going on?" Assassin Apollo asked, "Hey Wanda" He said, noticing Wanda standing next to me, who ignored him, and continued to watch Festus fly towards the ground.

   "Well that thing fell from the sky" Annabeth said, pointing at what must have been festus' foot. "Caused a small earthquake, we moved all the people away and then looked up"

   "Is that a dragon?" The redhead asked, 

   "Do we shoot at it?" Someone else asked, hidden by all the campers, who stared into the sky with amazement.

   "You better fucking not!" Piper almost shouted,

   "That's no regular dragon" Jason said, "That's festus"

   "What the hell is festus?" Mr genius asked, 

   No one responded as Festus landed in Central Park, albeit slightly wonky with his missing foot. I could see 2 riders though, which was strange.

   Most of the Avengers were ready to attack as the first figure stepped into solid ground. "Put your guns away" I said, as Piper ran towards Leo Valdez.

   Leo held his arms out with a cocky grin, "Greetings everyone" He said, "Hey Pip-ow" He tried to say hello to Piper but was interrupted by her punching him in the gut.

   "Leo - fucking - Valdez" Piper said, punching Leo with every word. "You - were - gone - for - four - fucking - months - you - absolute - fucking - arse!"

   Eventually Piper broke down into tears and hugged her friend, who just looked kind of shell shocked. "Sorry?" He said.

   "Who is this?" Wanda asked me.

   "Leo" I said, "Died 4 months ago"

(An unspecified amount of time later)

   Everyone took turns alternately punching and hugging Leo, until someone else joined the party. The second figure stepped off Festus and stepped into the light, Calypso was here.

   Calypso introduced herself to everyone and we shared an awkward greeting, but then after a while we all headed back to the Avengers tower, with Festus somehow turned into a suitcase. Stark sorted out all of the reporters who wanted to know what had happened, we were just all over the news today.

   Once we were back at the Avengers tower we all gathered in the meeting room, mainly to introduce Leo.

   "Who the hell are you and why do you have a giant metal dragon and an ex-immortal goddess girlfriend?"

   "Well" Leo said, "I am Leo Valdez, Supreme Commander of the Argo 2, and I'm really hoping no one else wants to punch me because I have a lot of bruises right now and it kinda hurts"

   "We can try again if you want Leo" Nyssa told her brother, "But for now you'll have to wait until everyone else arrives"

   "Everyone else?" Leo asked, sounding kind of nervous.

   "Camp Half Blood, Jupiter, the Hunters probably won't care but they should be coming soon at least" Nyssa said, "It's not over yet"

   "Still not any clearer on who you are" Stars and stripes said, looking kind of irritated.

   "Leo was one of the 7" Annabeth said, "He managed to kill Gaia, and himself doing it, but he also had the Physician's cure so resurrected himself, picked up his goddess girlfriend apparently, and then took 4 months to come back" I noticed Annabeth's face with she mentioned Calypso, she was still mad about me coming back from the dead.