XII

Percy's POV

   The first people to come into the giantatic lounge area were the redheaded girl and the captain dude. They were in a deep discussion about something or other as they walked in, but I couldn't hear what they were saying; they were too far away. They walked into the even bigger kitchen area that was connected to the lounge space and the redhead turned on the coffee maker: the familiar, irritating sound of coffee brewing filled my ears. Stars and stripes turned the stove on and got out a frying pan, gathering the ingredients for some sort of fancy breakfast. They were both oddly alert for half six in the morning, I guess superheroes were trained to be alert and awake at all times, in case of some sort of attack.

   "Morning" The redhead turned to look at me and smiled, she seemed nice enough but I didn't really trust any of the Avengers after what they'd done to me and Annabeth. "Sleep well?"

   "Not really" I replied, "Morpheus sent me some nightmares, but I did learn some stuff"

   "And you're trusting the information you hear in your dreams?" Stars and stripes sounded skeptical as he started mixing whatever was in the bowl he'd been pouring ingredients into.

   "Demigod dreams are different" I said, "When we're asleep we can visit places miles away, hear what our enemies are planning, it would be more useful if we could control them though, children of Hypnos can, and others, with training, but most of us just dream like you do, but important stuff"

   "What did you learn?" The redhead started to pour coffee into some mugs, "Want some?" She asked, I nodded.

   "Just milk please" I shouldn't have coffee, it would only make my ADHD worse but I was tired and really needed something to boost my energy. "Nothing good" I said in response to her first question, "I'll say once everyone is up"

    It wasn't long before that happened, apparently SHEILD agents could cope with the minimum amount of sleep. Once everyone was up we gathered in the meeting room. I hoped that someone else had dreamt something important as well, Clovis usually had something to say when it came to dreams, being a child of Hypnos.

   I stood in front of everyone and was about to talk when I was interrupted by the iron dude, "Where's the horse dude?"

   "Chiron is our mentor, he does not fight, he trusts us to do that" I tried to talk again but this time was cut off by stars and stripes.

   "He's trusting the fate of the world with a bunch of kids?" He asked, which was a fair question, even after all the enemies I'd faced I still felt like someone more experienced should be fighting.

   I shrugged, "It does sound like a bad idea but I've been doing this since I was 12 so I'm pretty experienced" I looked around the room with a warning glace, daring anyone to cut me off again, "Anyway, I have gained information" Suddenly everyone was more alert, all eyes were on me. "Morpheus is working for Tartarus" The Avengers just looked confused, completely unaware of who Tartarus was, but the campers went pale, they immediately knew that this was not good. "He is also being helped by Kampe, and is trying to convince Echidna to join his ranks, but fortunately she is refusing, she wants Tartarus to speed up the regeneration of Typhon'' The campers looked even more terrified; even if it might not happen, the idea of Typhon or Echidna joining the fight was not a good one. The Avengers however, still looked confused, I sighed, "Tartarus is a primordial god, even more powerful than anyone we've ever faced, and is the pit under the underworld, where monsters regenerate and everyone who has wronged the gods is imprisoned. Kampe is a monster, who we have defeated before, but only with the help of a hundred-handed one. Echidna is the mother of all monsters, and Typhon is the father of all monsters. They gave birth to the Sphinx, Cerberus, the Hydra, the Chimera, among other figures" I could tell they didn't fully understand but the Avengers now looked sufficiently scared, which was something at least.