《n i n e t e e n》

[ BETRAYAL ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

               HANA's cheeks began to feel sore by all the constant smiles and giggles. She couldn't help herself, she was extremely happy with Donghyuck. The two roamed around the city, visiting various markets and places, full of joy.

Their hearts were buzzing with euphoria. Hand in hand, the two lovebirds walked on the pavement, the busy road beside them, the chattering people and neon lights of the buildings lightened up the mood even more. Hana stared at Donghyuck who was busy savoring his corn dog, she felt happy that he was enjoying the date and eating well.

The night had already crept up and engulfed the evening sky, the two weren't worried about going home early. Donghyuck had even forgotten about his actually plan which was disguised in the form of a date. His constant guilt made him want to believe that the whole deal and questions of the vampire were just a mere hallucination.

After their busy evening, the two of them decided to chill at a central park for a while. The night was getting colder making both of them snuggle inside their uniform blazers, hands still linked together. "Did you have fun today?" Donghyuck asked her while he looked at her fondly. "Yes! It was first time in a while I enjoyed alot." Hana replied instantly, her voice was slightly high pitched due to excitement.

"Me too!" Donghyuck replied with the same amount of energy. The two grinned and snickered among themselves. "We make a great team don't we?" Donghyuck said mischievously, referencing to the cheating they did in the math exam. "Yep!" Hana nodded.

Donghyuck noticed how the number of people were slowly decreasing as the time ticked away. It was getting late. I should probably walk her home now.... oh. Realisation hit him all of a sudden when he felt the air shift, he wasn't a supernatural being but it was easy for anyone to notice an aery and dark presence.

They are here already!?

Donghyuck panicked, he harshly turned Hana to face him. She was confused by his anxious state, his hands were shivering, he was breathing harder and his face was pale. "Hana, I am so sorry." He managed to say between his breaths. "What? You are not okay Hyuck. What happened? Hey!" Hana grabbed his shoulders, her confusion turned into worry.

Seeing her innocent and unaware face made his heart ache. He felt as if someone grabbed his intestines and twisted them, the feelings were overwhelming. Several plans and sentences were yelling in his mind, they were as if someone was hammering the nails on a wall.

"I can't... I can't do this." He muttered, Hana gulped, "Can't what? Donghyuck you are scaring me." She softly said, trying to not make him panic more than he already was. "We gotta go." Donghyuck couldn't betray her, he was physically incapable of doing it, he was too attached to her to do such a thing. He didn't know what would he do, his own family's life was at it's stake.

Donghyuck strongly grabbed her wrist and started sprinting, dragging her with her. "Hyuck! Why are we running?!" Hana asked, keeping up with his pace. She was worried he might collapse at any moment. "Just run!" He yelled.

Hana gasped when she heard rustling, she knew someone was running after them and they were really fast. What the heck is going on? She asked herself as she looked at Donghyuck's back, she bit her lip and increased her speed, dragging Donghyuck with her.

She knew whoever was following them didn't have any good intention. She felt a tug on her hand, Donghyuck was getting slower, he wasn't keeping up with her pace since he was still a human.

damnit! Hana cursed in her mind and decided to just carry him so they would be able to escape but it all happened in one second. She saw a figure kick Donghyuck on his back making him roll far away from her. "Hyuck!" She screamed in horror seeing him slowly lose consciousness.

An arm snaked around her neck putting her in a headlock, she choked out some incoherent words. The boy was gripping her with so much strength, her energy was slowly leaving her body. Why is he so damn strong!? Hana tried to twist her way out but he wasn't budging, "Hey- Why are you.. a-attacking a y-your own kind?" Hana muttered, she already knew the boy who was holding her was a vampire.

"You aren't that strong." Jaemin mumbled as he saw Hana struggle in his grasp. "Good job Jaemin." The woman's voice echoed in the empty park. Hana stopped struggling when she recognised the voice. "Mother..? Jaemin?" She whispered.

"You didn't have to hit the poor boy so hard." The woman said as she looked at Donghyuck was slipping in and out of consiousness, silently mumbling Hana's name. "Don't you dare touch him! ugh-" Jaemin tightened his hold on her neck.

"You did a good job luring her in Donghyuck." The woman smirked at him, "What?" Hana said in shock as she stared at Donghyuck who was weakly shaking his head in denial. "Hyuck you... brought me here on purpose?" She softly asked, tears filled in her eyes.

"N-No." Donghyuck whispered but the woman spoke over him loudly, "Yes he did." The betrayal Hana felt was unexplainable, "Let's go." The woman said to Jaemin who glanced at Donghyuck, biting his lip in slight regret, I shouldn't have hit him too hard He thought before he teleported along with Hana.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

so what now?
ya'll should have chosen 1, in that they manage to escape 💀

I don't know if I ever said it but I hate this book so much but I also dont want it to go anywhere cuz my soul is attached with it smh