《t h i r t e e n》

[ COMFORT ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

               IT was only a matter of time and the bright day melted into night time. The clock proudly displayed 7:12 pm while Hana fumbled with her black boots that she was trying to put on, her hair slightly tickled her cheeks as they fell forward.

Yes, she was about to go on a date with the one and only Lee Donghyuck who simply demanded her to get ready. Was she in the mood to go out? Not in the slightest but for some odd reason she got ready without uttering a single complain or curse.

After a good five minutes of struggle, Hana finally stood up all ready to deal with boy for the next two hours. She checked herself out in the small rectangular mirror nicely hung beside the almost empty shoe rack. She would lie if she said she wasn't surprise seeing her self all dolled up. She had forgotten how it felt to get ready, her dark circles though were still peaking from behind the makeup but it was now a part of her. The sleepless nights accompanied by nightmarish thoughts that never seemed to seize.

Letting out a soft sigh, she clicked open her front door, wanting to meet the boy outside the flat building rather than her own doorstep. However, before she could take a step out, a stray letter innocently lying on the floor grabbed her attention. "If you get a letter, ignore it." Yangyang's voice echoed in her mind, feeling weirded out thinking that he knew she will get a letter.

Not wanting to ruin her mood, she grabbed the letter and thought about discarding it until she saw the sender's name on it.

"Mother."

Her once bright eyes switched to red unintentionally due to the sudden fury that bubbled up in her. She went inside, shutting the door harshly and started to rip open the letter, "What does she want now?" She grumbled, her anger increased by the second making her forget the continues burning throat she had due to lack of blood. There was a paper along with a pouch seemingly filled by tomato juice. "Who the fuck drinks tomato juice? She is still inconsiderate as ever." Ignoring the pouch she opened the paper.

There was not much written on it except two sentences but the impact was harder. Her eyes widened as million of thoughts invaded her mind.

congratulation sweetie, you are now one of us! Here is a little gift for you darling.

"No... Why is she congratulating? One of us?" Hana mumbled while leaning against the wall. With shaky hands she grabbed the juice again and hesitantly brought it near her face to sniff it. Hana gasped sharply making the pouch slip out of her hand and falling on the floor. She choked out a muffled scream when she saw the pouch burst open at the impact and the pungent stench of blood spread around.

"No!" Hana shuffled away from the bloody mess, stumbling down, she weakly crawled away. Tears gathered around her eyelids, memories started to resurface. The strong urge to taste the red liquid washed upon as she tried to block the sweet scent by holding her nose but it didn't work one bit as she hadn't properly fed since she was turned into a vampire. "She knew..... She knows.. that bitch ugh." Her mind swirled making her see two of everything.

It took everything in her to stop herself from crawling back to the blood and drink it. Her head was throbbing and she felt as if someone was twisting her limbs, the desire to take just a sip was too overwhelming. Tears managed to escape her blazing red eyes, her mouth continuously opened like a hungry predator but she was feeling extremely guilty for wanting to drink blood.

"S-She was the one who..... who killed dad." In the midst of her mental turmoil she managed to remember the explicit detail of the death of her loving father, he was a human, she finally realised. Hana's throat constricted due to the smothering distress, she bit her hand trying to surpress her fangs that were begging to hunt, the headache increasing by the minute. Everything was silent, she could only hear her ears ring and a faint noise of her phone's ringtone.

She wasn't in the condition to attend the call. Hana gulped multiple times as she tried to stand up, wanting to lock her door in case someone came in, she was afraid she would kill someone. Hana staggered to the door, almost slipping due to the blood. She killed an innocent person, this blood is... Hana thought, sobs never stopping. She could tell from the scent the person whose blood this belonged to was very young.

Her shaky hands stopped immediately as well as her sobs when she heard Donghyuck's frantic calls from behind the door. "Hana!? Hana are you in there? I heard crying." Hana bit her lip, Go away Go away shit shit I can't control! She panicked as she used the remaining of her strength to keep the door closed, she wasn't energetic enough to stand up and lock it, her fingers had lost the grip she, was too weak. "No hyuck-"

"Hey! I am coming in!" Donghyuck tried to open the door only to get it pushed back by Hana herself, "No! Please don't! I beg..." Hana choked out, it took everything in her to not open the door and bite the worried sick boy. "What the hell Hana? Open the door! You are not okay!"

"Go away! You will die!" Hana screamed, fresh tears streamed down her pale cheeks. "I don't care!" Donghyuck replied and pushed the door open with force making Hana fall back. She gasped and crawled away from the boy as far as possible. Donghyuck stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the pool of blood on the floor, the metallic smell made him gag. He flinched when the door slowly closed itself due to the autumm breeze. The fear gripped him but he knew Hana wasn't evil.

"Hana... what happened here..?" He managed to question the girl whose hysteric sobs turned into soft hiccups as she avoided eye contact. "Go away... for me please." Hana whispered desperately, she could lose herself at any moment. Haechan felt pity towards the miserable girl, he wasn't sure why a vampire hated the concept of drinking blood but he felt sorry for Hana, she genuinely despised herself.

With new found courage, he took a few steps towards her, avoiding stepping on the fresh blood. "I won't leave you alone-" Before he could finish his sentence, something in Hana snapped, she took big strides and pushed Donghyuck back on the floor, hovering on top of him. Donghyuck only groaned at the sudden attack but moved his neck sideways allowing her to bite him. He wanted to help her.

Hana without thinking for a single second bit him, Donghyuck yelped at the pain. The feeling of tasting the fresh human blood was unexplainable. She soon realised her grave mistake, "Oh my god! I am sorry-" She hurriedly tried to move back but Donghyuck slid his arm around her waist while his other hand softly patted the back of her head and lightly pushed her back to his neck, "You need it. You will die if you resist any longer." He softly spoke, he felt Hana tear's fall on him, he hated seeing her suffer. "I am sorry, I am such a monster..."

"No you aren't, You are Kim Hana, my dumb Hana." He whispered, tightening his grip on her waist. He felt weight on his shoulder and realised that Hana had slipped out of consciousness. He stared at the ceiling, his face warm as a deep blush appeared on his cheeks. He hugged Hana tightly and buried his face in her hair, heart beating fast. "What do I do with you now?" He mumbled.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

*cries cuz I love hyuck so much it's unhealthy*

I don't know why this is such a long chapter.

Where can I get a haechan from? I am sad too I need hyuck bear hugs.