《f o u r t e e n》

[ THREE CENTIMETRES ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

                HANA groaned softly as she felt rays of sunlight that managed to peek through her room's curtains. Opening her eyes after five minutes of contemplating whether to wake up, Hana sat up slowly with no fresh memory of the night before. She felt oddly calm, her heightened senses were back to normal as well as her throat that was no longer dry.

She felt good after a long time, almost as if she was human again.

Rubbing her eye with her free hand lazily, she noticed a mop of brown hair on the side of her bed. Donghyuck was holding her other hand firmly as he was sitting on a small stole with his head resting on the mattress. "Oh... why is he here?" Hana whispered, still not removing her hand from his grip, she felt safe. Her eyes widened and a blush crept up her cheeks when she remembered the events, "Shit- I attacked him yesterday."

Donghyuck groaned when he felt Hana's hand move. He slowly lifted his head up, his hair pointing in different directions. "Ah you're awake. How are you feeling?" He asked as he rubbed his eyes. Hana felt her heart tug when he stopped holding her hand. Guilt soon made her gulp when she saw a bandage hiding his neck wound. She shuffled closer to him and gently touched the bandage.

"I am so sorry." She whispered, "I swear I won't do it again." She said. Donghyuck suddenly bursted into laughter, "W-Why are you laughing?" Hana asked bewildered. "Are you going to pretend you are human again? You can't survive without blood even I know that." He said and grabbed her hand, moving it away from his neck. He wouldn't lie to himself, the wound hurt alot.

"I don't want to be a monster." Hana mumbled, her voice broke in the middle. "What do mean? Why would a vampire say that?" Donghyuck asked, his curiosity increased, the boy was a naturally curious one. "I was turned into a vampire." Hana confessed shocking him.

He hopped on the bed suddenly taking both of her hands in his. "Who the hell did that!? Tell me the name and they will suffer." Hana was taken aback by his sudden anger. She had never seen him this agitated, he squeezed her hands tightly. "There is no point in that it's too late. Besides you can't win against a vampire Hyuck, you are still a human." Hana tried to calm him down, I shouldn't have told him he will get in danger now this dumb idiot.

"But still this is just too cruel." He said softly, his heart broke thinking she was suffering alone while he was busy making fun of her every day at school. "I am used to it now." Hana smiled cutely making his heart beat faster. He noticed how she was below him with her back on the bed "Besides I am stronger than you so there is a plus point." Hana smirked, her eyes red as she playfully pulled him down making him lose his balance for a second until he placed his hands on the sides of her head.

Hana instantly regretted what she did since it made him come closer to her face. "Getting confident now are we?" He commented mischievously. His eyes trailed all over her face from her eyes to finally stopping at her lips, he gulped. Donghyuck's mind was blank when he slowly leaned down.

What am I doing?

What is he doing?

Both of them thought but still couldn't move away, they were caught up in a trance. Hana felt his breathe touch her nose softly. The distance alarmingly became smaller and smaller until they were only a few centimetres away. Their small bubble was rudely popped by Donghyuck's phone ringing loudly bringing them both back to reality.

Hana blushed deeply and Donghyuck too was really red both due to annoyance and shyness. He sat back giving her enough space to stand up from the bed. Hana saw him look at the phone in confusion. "Its an unknown number, I didn't know I had fans." He snorted still not answering it. Hana did the most random thing she ever did and snatched the phone from his hand. She attended the call, "Hello?"

The caller gasped and mummered  something inaudible before ending the call abruptly. "Weird." She said as she gave the phone back, Donghyuck had an unreadable expression. "Were you jealous or something huh?" He asked, an impish smirk played on his lips making Hana gulp.

"No."

"Keep lying to yourself."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━