《t w e n t y f o u r》

[RESCUED]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"What should I do?"

Jaemin mumbled as he placed Hana gently near a half conscious Yangyang who immediately grabbed Hana protectively even though he couldn't open his eyes fully. Mom- no she will be here any moment He thought‚ his heart pounded in fear. Why am I so scared? Jaemin bit his lower lip and took a step back from the two since Yangyang seemed really uncomfortable and was holding Hana tightly.

Jaemin flinched when he heard Miss Kim's heels click loudly in the quiet hall. "Great job Jaemin!" She praised him and walked towards the three. Yangyang hissed at the woman trying to heal himself faster and make a run for it. On a normal occasion the compliment would have made Jaemin feel giddy but after the speech Hana gave‚ his stomach twisted in fear and disgust. "Jaemin? Ah you must be tired. Don't worry I'll handle the rest." The old lady smiled wickedly‚ she did notice Jaemin's conflicted expression but chose not to point it.

Jaemin gulped and stepped aside from the two earning a series of curses from Yangyang who tried to stand up but failed. Yangyang hugged Hana closer‚ God this is bad He thought to himself. She is definitely gonna kill me and god knows what she will do to Hana. I don't even know where the hell is Haechan. Yangyang panicked. Jaemin... Jaemin I swear to god do something! Yangyang mentally screamed at the frozen boy even though he hated to rely on Jaemin.

Yangyang shut his eyes when Miss Kim was a few feet away‚ "Miss Kim." The lady stopped at Jaemin voice. "Not calling me mom?" The lady smiled at him‚ Jaemin tried hard to not lash out on her knowing the outcome since she was way too strong. "What are you planning to do with Hana?" He asked. "She will be a valuable asset for my plans. And besides she is my daughter." The last sentence made Jaemin's blood boil. "Oh." He said and looked away.

Miss Kim didn't spare another glance at Jaemin and that gesture helped him to make his final decision. He was nothing but a tool for her and same was for Hana. She was a mere pawn in her plans.

Before Jaemin could attack Miss Kim‚ a loud gunshot echoed in the hall. Yangyang stared in horror as the blood splattered on his face‚ Jaemin stopped midway‚ Hana was still not awake.

"What?" Miss Kim choked out‚ the bullet shot right through her heart. Jaemin quickly looked at the shooter and saw Haechan fidgeting like crazy‚ the gun slipped from his hands and he fell but still had a smirk on his face. The exact aim was just a fluke‚ he wasn't sure if it will hit right at her heart‚ he was shooting randomly.

"Haechan!" Yangyang cried out in relief and stood up using the wall as support. He took Hana's arm and wrapped it around his shoulder. Jaemin's original shock subsided and he went to kill the woman once and for all. "I-I called the police! They are coming! We have to get out." Haechan stumbled towards the two and immediately took Hana in his arms. By the police he meant the anti-vampire unit that was recently formed due to the increase in the vampire attacks. Both Yangyang and Hana had to get out before the police found out that they were vampires too.

"How the hell is she still alive!?" Haechan exclaimed when he saw Jaemin fight the woman behind them. "I-I swear the bullet went through her heart." Yangyang mumbled. Jaemin is on our side? He questioned but still urged Haechan to leave the place faster. They heard the noise of many footsteps‚ the police had reached. "W-We can't leave him.." Hana whispered. By him she meant Jaemin.

"I don't want to lose you guys again." Haechan grumbled‚ "He is not e-evil." Hana removed herself from Haechan's hold. "He tried to kill you! You are saying he isn't evil?!" Haechan fumed in anger‚ "Guys we freaking don't have the time to fight let's get out! He can handle himself." Yangyang dragged them to the exit. They turned to look at the fight when they heard Jaemin yell in pain. "J-Jaemin!" Hana called him‚ Haechan held her back. "We are not going back!"

"Give me the gun." Hana glared at Haechan‚ don't get her wrong she was extremely grateful to Donghyuck but she couldn't just leave Jaemin. "I dropped it-" Donghyuck got cut off by Hana sprinting towards the gun‚ she grabbed it and aimed straight at her mother‚ Goodbye mom Hana thought solemnly and shot. She didn't know where she got the courage from but she shot her mother.

Jaemin yelped and crawled away from the body‚ he waited for any movement from her for a few seconds‚ seeing that she was gone for good‚ he sighed. Hana ran towards him and helped him stand. Jaemin couldn't look her in the eyes‚ he felt ashamed at what he made her go through. Hana smiled weakly at his attempt of avoiding eye contact.

"I forgive you so stop sulking." Hana whispered to him‚ this made Jaemin's heart burst with warmth‚ it was after a long time he felt he was at home. "But I will kick you since you hurt Hyuck before." She gave him a glare that made him sweatdrop‚ she is really sensitive about him Jaemin noted‚ he made a mental note to tease them both once he repairs the broken relation he had with them.

"Hurry up!" Yangyang yelled at the two. All four of them managed to escape before the police barged into the mansion.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

finally done with this idk climax arc(?) the books gonna end soon :(

also miss Kim had to be shot two times to be killed cuz she is just strong af-