Chapter 1: Scattered

3rd Person POV

Texas

The night was silent as a shadowy form walked down the side of the highway. As he stepped under a streetlamp, the light illuminated blue jeans, a leather jacket, and gleaming black combat boots. The boy's eyes glowed blue under the shadow of his hat as he walked down a side road and to a 7-Eleven.

Pushing open the door, Dante entered the store. "Evening," he greeted. "Mind if I check out some gear?"

"Go ahead," the desk clerk replied with a smile. "What do you need?"

"You fellas got any hunting supplies?"

The clerk thought for a second. "No. But if you're looking for some guns, I got a pal at Bingham Airbase. Major Dean. He could hook you up."

Dante nodded. "Thanks."

"Anything else I can get you?" the clerk asked.

Dante thought for a second. "As a matter of fact, yeah. Do you mind if I borrow your car?"

"Wha—" The clerk didn't have time to finish as Dante chopped him in the neck and dropped him to the ground.

Jumping the counter, Dante crouched down and checked for a pulse. Satisfied, he grabbed the guy's car keys and dragged him into a closet.

After hacking the security feeds and making certain that his presence had been removed from them, he exited the store.

Holding up the keys, he pressed the button. Over to the side, a black 1969 Dodge Charger honked. Dante grinned. "Now that's my kind of ride."

Walking over, boots clicking against the pavement, Dante opened the car door and slipped inside. "First things first," he muttered. Hacking the store's Wi-fi, Dante scrolled through the feeds in the city before settling on the nearest police station. From there, he hacked the field reports and found an interesting file about one of the detention centers being compromised.

Tilting his head, Dante traced the report to its source and then scrolled through the recent feeds. He froze, stunned, at the sight of a familiar Rev-9 carving his way through a crowd as he chased after a young girl and a woman in her 30's.

Zooming in on the girl's face, Dante was surprised to see Dani Ramos. Frowning, he checked the other woman and found no information on her.

Looks like the resistance sent one of their own here, Dante thought.

Tracing their signal, he accessed the feeds of a satellite and watched as they piloted a stolen copter out to a forest. The same forest where he had met Carl. 

Several minutes after they set down, a van left the forest and traveled to a warehouse before going toward Bingham Airbase.

Grinning, Dante tugged the car in reverse and pulled out of the 7-Eleven before taking off down the highway and toward Bingham Airbase.

As he drove, he decided to turn on some tunes.

[Start Track]

Timeskip

Dante drove through the streets for several hours before finally pulling up to the destroyed remains of one of the checkpoints.