Chapter 3: Rebellion

3rd Person POV

Harbinger

"Autobots," Ultra Magnus stated, "we remain vastly outnumbered, and despite our munitions... do not currently possess the firepower necessary to compromise the Decepticon citadel."

"Uncle Sam's military does," Fowler said.

Katie and Dante shot him a look, the latter having an arm wrapped around Arcee.

"I just can't let them make a move as long as Megatron's ray guns are pointed at Washington," Fowler continued, having not seen the looks that Katie and the Rev-9 had given him.

"Then we take out the guns," Dante said.

"Unfortunately, it seems the fortress is heavily shielded against unauthorized Groundbridges," Ratchet said.

"Even ones from other Decepticons," Elita agreed.

Dante smirked. "Fortunately, I might have a way around that."

"How?" Bulkhead asked, as everyone turned to face a smirking Dante.

"Let's just say I have an ally with experience on the other side. According to him, the Con's authorization codes are stored in their database."

"You seem very informed of the Decepticon fortress," Ultra Magnus said, narrowing his eyes.

Dante's eyes flashed dangerously. "If you're thinking I'm working for the other side, get your gears straightened."

"You dare speak like that to your commanding officer?" Ultra Magnus demanded.

"Yes," Dante said simply. "And as far as I'm concerned, we're all on equal footing. Rank doesn't matter when you're fighting for your life."

Ultra Magnus was silent, stunned, and Dante took that as his cue to continue. "Anyways, once I hack into the Decepticon database from here, I'll get the authorization codes, and we'll be able to get in close without a problem. But we won't be able to get inside of the fortress undetected due to its ability to pick up a Groundbridge within a mile radius."

"Then we'll sneak in from there," Wheeljack said with a grin, punching his fists together. "Wrecker style."

"I couldn't deal with Wrecker style back on Cybertron, and I refuse to deal with it here," Ultra Magnus said firmly.

Wheeljack glared at him silently.

"Now we require a means of thinning the Decepticon ranks to even the odds if we are to have any hope of completing this mission," Ultra Magnus stated. "Or of surviving it."

Dante grinned and looked over at Katie. "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

She grinned. "Skeleton Crew?"

Dante smirked. "Hell, yeah."

Elita frowned. "Skeleton Crew?"

"Back while Katie and I were on the run, we figured out how to divert Legion's forces away from our location," Dante explained. "We called it 'Operation: Skeleton Crew'."

"And what does this operation entitle?" Ultra Magnus asked.

Dante smirked and shared a knowing look with Katie.

Somewhere in Kansas

Jack walked out of the shadows near the edge of a gas station and pulled out his phone. "Here goes nothing," he muttered and pressed the send button.