Chapter 11: Predacons Rising: Part 1

3rd Person POV

Cybertron

Dante stood with the other Autobots in the remnants of Kaon, watching as Bumblebee walked up and faced Optimus. It had been a few months since their return to Cybertron, and reconstruction was already underway.

Soundwave and Steve had proven very useful in directing the Vehicons that had deviated from the Decepticon cause, Soundwave managing from the Nemesis while Steve worked with the ground crews.

Dante had checked on Earth several times and was pleased to find out that Katie had taken a great liking to hanging around Robbie, Grace, and the other humans at the Autobot Base. She was still interested in traveling to Cybertron and had convinced Ratchet to help her perfect an experimental suit that would allow her to travel there.

Currently, Optimus was rewarding Bumblebee for his bravery and valor during the final battle on Earth. "We have endured bitter hardship and countless battles," Optimus stated, Star Saber in hand. "But at long last, our home planet has been restored. We would not be standing on Cybertronian soil were it not for the valiant efforts of both those assembled here and our absent comrades: Ratchet, who remains on Earth to safeguard our human friends, and Cliffjumper, who made the ultimate sacrifice."

Arcee bowed her head, and Dante squeezed her hand gently in his, earning a smile from the blue femme.

"But on this day," Optimus continued, "at the dawn of a new era, we gather to bestow a special honor, one earned by Bumblebee, through his bravery and devotion to the cause of peace. Long before he rid this universe of the scourge of the Decepticon warmonger.

"In the company of your fellow Autobots, in the presence of our creator Primus, the living core of our planet, and by the authority vested in me by the Matrix of Leadership, Bumblebee..." Optimus tapped both of Bumblebee's shoulders with the Star Saber. "Arise, a warrior."

The other Autobots immediately stepped forward to congratulate the former Scout.

"Nice one, Bee," Arcee said with a smile.

"Way to go, Bee," Smokescreen added.

Wheeljack grinned and pulled out a detonator. "Let's get this party started." He turned toward the large statue of Megatron and clicked the button, causing multiple explosions to rend it apart.

Dante whistled while the Wreckers cheered.

"Welcome to the club, Bee," Smokescreen said, patting him on the back. "Warrior today, who knows? Prime tomorrow?"

"Slow down, Smokey," Bumblebee laughed. "I'm not sure I'd wish a Prime's responsibility on anyone."

"I am sorry to interrupt your celebration," Optimus said.

"Here it comes," Arcee muttered, crossing her arms.

"Primes never party," Bulkhead sighed.

"They should though," Flareup muttered from her spot next to Steve, the Vehicon having an arm wrapped around her. The two of them had started 'dating' shortly after the return to Cybertron.

How did Dante know this? Well...

Flashback Start

Dante walked through the Nemesis, wondering where Arcee was. Hearing something in a room, Dante opened the door. "Hey, Steve, do you know where Arcee..." he trailed off, seeing Steve and Flareup in the middle of a... moment. Now I know what Katie meant, the Rev-9 thought as the two startled Bots turned to face him.