Valentine Special

Unknown Location

3rd Person POV

"Katie, I can't do this," Dante whispered, his face ashen.

"You have to," Kate encouraged.

"This will be the most dangerous thing we've ever done," Dante protested.

"Well, you're the only one in danger here," Katie pointed out.

"Fine... how about this one?" Dante held up a rectangular box of chocolate.

"Eh... no," Katie said.

The two of them stood inside a candy store, trying to figure out what Dante could get Arcee for Valentine's day.

"Ok... how about this one?" Dante pulled out another box, this one being heart-shaped, with several dark chocolate pieces in it.

"Too cliché," Katie pointed out.

"Yeah, you're right," Dante sighed, and tossed the box back, landing it neatly in place. "Who knew finding a gift for Arcee would be harder than fighting Legion and the Decepticons?"

"Having trouble?"

Turning, Dante stared in surprise at seeing a familiar Rev-9 and a Decepticon Holoform standing before him.

"Robbie!" Katei cheered, and rushed over, tackling the Rev-9 in a hug.

"Hey there Katie," Robbie said, hugging the little girl and smiling. "Been a long time."

"Too long." Katie punched him. "Why didn't you say hi?"

"Um..."

"He was too busy skating around Grace," Steve snickered.

Robbie glared at him. "One more word, and I'm gonna delete that holoform of yours," he threatened, raising a blade.

"Alright, alright, I'll be quiet," Steve said, holding up his hands. "For now."

"You'd better," Robbie warned, deconstructing his blade.

"Well, have fun guys," Katie said cheerfully, seeing Elita pull up outside. "Elita's taking me to see a movie. Pacific Rim. Bye!" With that, the energetic resistance girl dashed out the door.

"Is she gone?"

Dante sighed. "She is. You're lucky I managed to talk Elita into distracting her."

Jumping down from a rafter, Quillon sighed. "That was to close."

"Yeah," Robbie agreed, and narrowed his eyes. "So. You're the one who's dating Katie?"

"Um... yes?"

Robbie looked at him silently for a long moment. "I'll let it slide... for now. But mess up, and I'll make Dante's work look like a paradise."

"Message received," Quillon said, raising his hands. "So, we all ready for the mission?"

"Almost," Dante replied, crossing his arms. "We're just waiting for Jack. Hey Author, mind doing us a favor?"

(A/N) Fine. But only if you stop breaking the 4th wall.

"Not likely."

(A/N) Ugh... You're almost as bad as Phoenix, Striker, and Ryan.

"You're the one who gave him the ability," Robbie pointed out.