Chapter 6: New Additions

3rd Person POV

Autobot Base

Dante tossed a knife casually in his hand as he strolled through the military base, his thoughts wandering. A week had passed since June and Fowler's kidnapping, and everything had settled down, more or less.

Dante and Ultra Magnus still weren't getting along, with Dante refusing to follow his orders, but other than that, everything was fine. Ultra Magnus had learned to just leave it be whenever Dante or Katie were involved, seeing as how neither would obey him.

Passing several troops, who gave him acknowledging nods, Dante entered the base just in time to hear Bulkhead saying, "—Dante was a demon. He charged the troops at the mine's entrance and took them all out while his skeleton thing tore them apart. Lost his head in the process though."

"I got it back," Dante clarified, stepping into view and shifting to Cybertronian size. "So, anything new happen while I was out?" Dante asked, wrapping an arm around Arcee's shoulders.

"Not much," Elita said, watching Katie and the others play a game. "Bulkhead was just telling us about your latest mine capture. I'm not that surprised you lost your head. This was your third mine this week."

"Ha, ha," Dante muttered, rolling his eyes. Before he could say anything else, an alarm sounded.

"What is it?" Katie asked.

Ratchet pulled up a monitor. "It's a Cybertronian ship," he said in surprise. "Entering Earth's atmosphere."

Everyone turned to Dante and Katie, who held up their hands. "Don't look at us," Dante said. "This one's new."

"Yeah," Katie agreed. "Only Ultra Magnus was supposed to appear in this season."

Elita frowned. "Season?"

"Nothing~" Katie sang, hiding a grin. Breaking the fourth wall is so much fun, she thought with a smirk.

"Right." Optimus cleared his throat. "Ratchet. Attempt to contact the ship. Determine whether it is Decepticon or Autobot."

Ratchet nodded and opened a hailing frequency. "Cybertronian ship, this is Outpost Omega 2. Identify yourself."

There was no response.

"Whoever's inside might be unconscious," Smokescreen realized. "Remember when I came to Earth in that stasis pod? Whoever's in the ship might be in stasis."

"That, or their radio's out," Katie offered. "It happens sometimes. Seriously annoying."

Elita frowned. "How are we going to identify the pod?"

Dante smirked and cracked his fingers with a metallic pop. "Leave it to me." He placed his hands on a monitor and his exoskeleton flowed over it.

A red tint suffused the screen as multiple video feeds appeared and reappeared, too rapidly for the others to follow.

Eventually, one of the feeds zoomed in and revealed a closeup shot of the ship.

"Which side is it?" Katie asked.

"I can't tell," Arcee said, frowning.

"Hold on." The camera shifted as the satellite readjusted and focused on the vague symbol on it.

"I still can't tell," Katie said, squinting.

"Whatever the case," Optimus said. "Dante. Can you calculate the ship's landing trajectory?"