Kiss

(v.) a touch with the lips as a sign of love.

I'm scared. I'm so freaking scared and I don't know what to do. Jasper kissed me. Like really kissed me. Not those cute little forehead kisses. A real kiss. And I still remember it perfectly.

It was exactly two nights ago at my birthday party. I had it at the bowling alley, and most of my friends were gathered around the lane, watching one of my best friends try to knock down the pins. She had told us she was the best at bowling. I didn't believe her since her hand-eye coordination is even worse than mine, but she was definitely the "Queen of the Lanes" as she had called herself. Her score was at least 50 points higher than the second highest.

Jasper and I were sitting at a table close to the lane, sharing a bag of chips. "Your friends seem cool," he had started casually. We had gotten past the awkwardness of pretty much confessing our love for each other. "Especially that red head there. How the hell is she already at two hundred points? We've only been playing for like, what fifteen minutes?"

I laughed and nodded. "I have no idea. Not a clue."

He turned away from the others to face me, and it wasn't before long that I realized how close we really were. If he wanted he could wrap his arms around me. "I don't think I've said happy birthday yet," he smiled.

"No you haven't," I giggled in response, blushing just slightly at the close proximity.

"Well, happy birthday Fallon. Sixteen? I remember when I turned sixteen," he sighed in a dramatically wistful way.

"Jasper, that was like, two months ago," I grinned, rolling my eyes.

He smiled and it was like time was freezing. The way his eyes sparkled with the reflection of the lights amazed me, and the way his hair looked so soft. He was an angel in the form of a sixteen year old boy. "So I have two presents for you," he whispered and suddenly he was leaning closer. "I think I'd like to give you the first one alone."

And then his lips were on mine and I was melting. Floating up on a cloud to something like heaven. I was soaring and it was all because of Jasper.

And that's why I was currently pacing my bedroom in a panicked frenzy. I was falling for him way too hard and it was all happening so fast and-

"What are you doing?"

"Oh, Bella, when did you get here?" I laughed nervously as I sat down on my bed.

Bella eyed me oddly. For eight she was very mature for her age, and sometimes it was freaky just how easily she could figure me out.

"Just a minute ago. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I mumble back and she frowned and sat down beside me, swinging her legs a little against the mattress.

"What is it?" she asked, tilting her head to the side, reminding me of a confused puppy. Her doe eyes looked up at mine and she looked so innocent it hurt.

"Oh, just thinking about my birthday party. Want to help me put away my gifts?" I asked, smiling in a hopefully convincing way.

"Sure," she smiled, although I could tell she didn't believe me as much as I wanted her to.