Brumous

(adj.) of grey skies and winter days; filled with heavy clouds or fog, relating to winter or cold, sunless weather.

The weather wad beginning to turn and I couldn't have been happier. It was December first yesterday. Most people I know didn't like winter. I loved it.

Summer is hot and dry. In the winter it's like a lush oasis of greens peeking out from underneath freshly fallen snow. Grey skies that somehow manage to make the atmosphere calm and relaxed. Chilly weather that nips at your skin and turns your face a rosy colour. That's why I adore living in the Northern hemisphere.

It snowed yesterday. Quite fitting for the first of December. Jasper was walking me home because it turns out he lives near me. We had to cut through the school field and he decided he was going to throw a snowball at me.

Nobody throws a ball of ice at me and gets away with it. I quickly packed some snow together and whipped it back in his direction. Of course my aim is terrible and it whizzed past him.

"Ha ha, missed me!" he had taunted gleefully, sticking out his tongue teasingly.

"Very mature," I replied, rolling my eyes as I scooped more snow into my hands. This time my snowball hit him square in the chest. We went back and forth like this for what seemed like hours. Really it was probably only half of one.

It was fun up until I fell over and became extremely wet. Jasper laughed when I did and when he offered me his hand, I pulled him into the snow instead.