Fernweh

(n.) a crave for travel; being homesick for a place you've never been.

"So what do you want to do after school?" Jasper randomly asked.

It was night, around nine o'clock. His parents were having a small party and invited my parents since we're neighbours, I guess. Him and I came upstairs to get away from all the people, and we were now in his bedroom, sitting on his bed. The light was turned off, but the blinds on the window were open, allowing the street lights to splash shadows in shades of pale yellows across his light blue walls and taupe carpet.

"I want to travel. I want to go places," I whispered back as my head fell to rest on his shoulder. "Being fifteen sucks. It's like you're too old for half the things you want to do, but you're too young for all the other things."

He chuckled quietly, his body shaking against mine. "I'm pretty sure any age above the age of ten sucks," he pointed out.

"Very true," I agreed with a smile.

"But maybe one day," Jasper continued. "we could go travel the world together."

"I'd like that," I replied quietly as I glanced up at him.

He smiled, his blue eyes twinkling as he wrapped an arm around my waist. "So if I said I could take you anywhere you wanted to go, right now, where would you go?"

"Paris," I answered immediately. "Then London, then New York, then Amsterdam..."

"Seems like you have quite the list going," he smiled.

"I guess I've always been a bit wanderlust," I answered softly.