☆ Chapter 8 ☆

AkiraPOV
December 25 10:35am

I received a text from Makoto yesterday, when I woke up at 6 pm for a snack, saying that everybody would be attending the performance. I sighed, texting back that it's fine. I got all my stuff ready and went off to the zoo. I was a bit early, so Mr. Chiha let me feed the animals until 12, which is when I have to get ready. I went over to the lions, then elephants, which had a funky smell in their habitat, next was the monkeys, giraffes, koalas, gorillas, etc. To my surprise, I made friends with mostly every animal, since I wasraised in the wild for most of my childhood.

The time came for me to get dressed. I said my farewells to the pandas, as they waved back at me. I ran to the locker room and began changing into my tail and mermaid bra. There were extra accessories included with the outfit: shell hair clips, Santa cape, Santa hat, hair beads, and some other things I couldn't identify. I did my hair with a braid going down the side of my head, the beads lining the hairs and the shell clips the keep them where they are supposed to be. All of the hair accessories seemed to complement my long silver hair. I think that the Santa hat ruined it, but its getting into the spirit of Christmas, so why not.

I sat in the locker room, drinking some water to keep myself hydrated. My phone started to buzz beside me on the bench.

From: Makoto Tachibana
Subject: We are here

Hi Akira-chan! Do your best at the performance. Don't worry, I haven't told them that you worked here yet. Just don't bother worrying about it and stay safe out in the pool!
------------
From: Akira Haruo
Subject: Thanks

Alright. See you guys in a bit.

I closed my phone as one of the staff members come in, ready to bring me to the pool. I nod, letting them move me into the chilled waters. I scanned the audience as the dolphins were getting ready. Luckily, the group wasn't seated yet. The performance started within 20 minutes, so I guessed they were getting some snacks. I sighed in relief and dived into the pool, playing with the sea creatures before show time.

10:55 am

The cold water, became warmer when the staff started to insert hot water into the pool. I thanked them silently, because it was beginning to get freezing. Too cold even for me. A loud voice startled me out of my thoughts.

"I~ITS SHOOOOW TIIME!" the announcer yelled into the mic. "Thank you all for coming! We will have our mermaid, Aki--" I splashed him with my tail in annoyance, just before he finished saying my name. I told him not to say my name everduring an act. He laughed nervously when the dolphins copied my act. I covered my mouth, letting out a chuckle. The trainers finally stopped the childish act as the announcer became soaked. Even the dolphins laughed. Besides all that, he kept speaking.

"And now, a performance from our lovely, aggressive mermaid!" He says with a big laugh. That's my que... I dived into the pool, majestically, the dolphins following behind. I really enjoyed the feel of the water, warm or cold. The tail had quite a grip on me, making sure it doesn't fall off when I jump in the air or when I move my fin. I could here the crowds cheer as I did flips and tricks, like the sea creatures beside me. When it was break, I scanned the audience one more time. Seeing that the group was way in the back. Rei was enchanted by the act, Nagisa was a bit sulky that they didn't get to sit in the front of the row, but enjoyed the performance, Haru enjoyed the mackerel chips they served before the show, Rin was squinting at me, trying to find out who I was, which made me hide my face with the Santa hat I had to wear for the beginning of the show and during the break. Makoto and Gou were talking to each other. Soon, I saw Makoto as he noticed I looked his way; he gave me a gentle smile and a thumbs up. I sighed in relief. I felt calm thought this whole show, even though they are all here.