☆ For The Team ☆

Splashhh. The water circulated my body as I dove into the lake. I swam for a couple of hours in the cold, murky waters I was raised in, wondering what it would be like to swim with others in an actual 'pool'.

I took a deep breath with my head above the waters. Floating, I stared at the fluffy, white clouds above me. A shadow blocked my sapphire blue eyes from the sun. I flinched and swam towards the waterfall behind me from under the water.

I peeked from under and saw a boy standing there all mesmerized by the waterfall. He had short, straight, black hair and blue eyes. I hid underneath the water again not knowing what to do. All I had on was, well, nothing. I popped my head above the water to see if the boy was still there. He wasn't.

'His parents must have called him...' I sighed.

"What are you doing there?" A low child voice came from behind me. I turned around and saw the boy from earlier, staring at me with a blank face.

"Ah."

"Haruka! Where are you?" A woman's voice came closer.

'Must be his mom.'

I was about to swim away till' the boy stopped me. "Wait." He said still staring at me. I stopped unable to move. It was like I was frozen to the spot. A few minutes later, his parents found us and his mom took me too. I also took my small crocodile that took care of me while I was living alone here in the forest. Haruka's mom took me in but not as her own.

I went to Iwatobi elementary with Haruka as a new student. His mom enrolled me there. I never talked around new people and just stayed quiet clinging onto Haruka's jacket. We were both the same age so we were in the same class. Since I was new, the teacher made me introduce myself. I stood straight and retained a serious expression on my face while I talked.

"I am..." I stood there not knowing what to say considering I didn't have a name. I stared at my feet not saying a word. The teacher came up to me and pointed at a name on the attendance sheet that I didn't recognize. It read the name "Akira Haruo". I came to the conclusion that this is what Mrs. Nanase named me when I told her I didn't have a name. I cleared my throat and began to speak again.

"I am Akira Haruo. Nice to meet you."

A boy with red hair raised his hand up.

"Where did you come from?" He asked smiling.

"The forest." I quietly said but still everyone heard me. Oooh was the sound that went on in the classroom. I still stayed silent and kept a serious expression on my face while the teacher excused me to sit down. I sat down next to Haruka while he was talking to a boy with green hair and the boy that asked me a question. The bell rang dismissing us from school.

"Hi! I'm Rin! I have a girl name but I'm a boy." The boy with red hair said to me as I was getting ready to leave. The boy with green hair also came up to me. "I'm Makoto." He said with a gentle smile running across his face. "Yohoo! I'm Nagisa!" A blonde haired boy said. 'just like Haruka.' I thought to myself.

"You all have girly names, but are a boy." They all nodded.

"I'm a girl with a boy name, Akira. Nice to meet you." I bowed down once again. We all learned more about each other until I had to go home with Haruka.

--time skip--

I woke up early deciding to go with Haruka to his other class. I didn't know what it was, but I wanted to go anyway. I packed up mackerel for Haruka and salmon for me. Mrs. Nanase put the lunches in a bag along with some other stuff. I didn't care what was in there and just went along with it. Makoto was waiting outside the house. We all walked towards their classes.

We reached the building after a long walk. The doors opened and we walked inside. Haruka told me to wait on a bench outside the class doors. I obediently sat down and waited.

"Hey girlie." I looked up as a tall blonde haired man called me over.

"You gonna swim?" I jumped up and nodded. He smiled. "I'm coach Goro, you have a swimsuit?" He asked pointing at my bag. I quickly opened the bag and saw a swimsuit my size. I looked over to him and nodded. He said to quickly change and to come in when I was ready. I nodded once more and fled to the locker rooms.

I changed into a black 1-piece swimsuit with white lines, I tied my silver shoulder length hair into a high ponytail, and wore goggles around my neck. I was super excited to swim. Mrs. Nanase told me I have a character change when I enter the water. I only smiled when swimming, so I believed her. I rushed out the locker rooms and stopped at the doors.

'This is it.' I opened the door and ran straight into the pool.

Splasshh

The water surrounded me as I swam deeper and deeper to the floor of the pool. I could hold my breath for at least 2 minutes.

'I wish Croc was here.' I thought to myself staring up at the blurred lights under the water.

I made my feet flat on the floor, bent my knees, and sprung myself up to the surface of the pool. "Bwah!" I took a deep breath as I reached the top. Catching my breath, I swam to the side rails of the pool and got out, only dangling my feet in the water.

I looked around when I noticed everyone's eyes were on me. I shrugged and got out of the water. I could feel my smile fade away while I stood up. I walked towards the locker rooms to get changed back into my clothes.

I wish everyday was like this...