13

eve

1 more month passes by. i am yet to see harry again, but i notice cal and i getting closer and closer, in unexpected ways. the closeness. the flirting. the intimacy. it feels as though we are edging closer to doing something that could spark heated arguments. and as much as i miss harry, i find myself coming to the realisation that harry and i could potentially never come back from this, no matter how badly i want us to.

gazing at myself in the mirror, for once i feel confident with my appearance as i brush down the front of my jeans, tightening my belt ever so slightly. cal and i are heading out for some food and drinks, his way of encouraging me to get out of my house for once and not be trapped between four walls, avoiding going out with a large group of people. sitting on the edge of my bed, i tie my converse around my ankles and throw on a jacket, gathering my things. i feel slightly nervous. the last time cal and i went out alone ended in a dispute and i feel my nerves beginning to take over at the thought of that happening again.

reaching the restaurant, i stand outside shivering in the sharp, crisp air, waiting for cal to arrive. rubbing my hands over my arms, failing to keep myself warm, cal finally arrives with a stream of apologies spilling from his lips for keeping me waiting. "it's fine." i grin as he wraps an arm around my shoulder.

seated at our table, a bottle of white wine sat between us in a bucket, we sip at it as we naturally converse between ourselves. "feels good to be out." i grin at him, waiting for our food to arrive.

"good. i'm glad you're out," he smiles, "you need to be out more often, eve. will do you some good." i sigh at his response. he's right.

"i know, i know." i sigh, raising my eyebrows at him, "and i will at some point. i promise." i sip at the wine.

"how about," he ponders, "we go for cocktails or something after this." he nods excitedly as our food arrives. tucking into it, i soon realise the enjoyment i receive from going out rather than sitting around in other people's flats or sitting on my own, doing nothing with my life.

"okay." i grin up at him, twisting the pasta around my fork.

we pay for our bill, something he insisted on paying for, which took me a while to succumb to, but in the end i agreed, telling him him i'll pay for our drinks. we stroll to a cocktail bar, my arm linked in his as we look up to the dark, clear sky above us.

walking into the bar, we quickly notice freya and josh sat on a date and they wave to us, gesturing we sit with them. asking the server if we can sit with them, we go over and join them. "hi guys." i grin at the two, sliding in next to freya.

"hey, you okay?" she spins her head to look at me.

"yeah, yeah, not bad."

"so, what you guys been up to?" josh glances to cal and i, wiggling his eyebrows causing me to shake my head and chuckle slightly.

"erm," cal scratches the back of his head, "we just went for some food, had a bottle of wine. just fancied a drink, didn't we eve?" he stares at me, softly smiling as i grin back.

"yeah, it's been nice." i nod back at him, glancing to josh and freya.

"yeah we fancied a day out." freya looks to me, "how've you been?" she offers a sympathetic smile.

"i've been good." i sigh softly. receiving our drinks, i sip on the cocktail in front of me as we all sit around, catching up with one another. it genuinely felt good to be out, talking to the people i know as my friends, the reasons why i remained in london.

"oh fucking hell!" josh yells, throwing his phone down to the table, the three of us glancing at him with furrowed eyebrows and confused expressions. "a girl has dropped out of the blind dating video for tomorrow. we need someone as soon as possible." he groans, visibly stressed and quickly, all eyes are on me.

"i can't." i quickly shake my head.

"please." josh frowns, "you'll be in and out. will barely have to see us, please eve." he almost gives me puppy dog eyes as i gulp audibly.

"i - i don't know." i stutter slightly, taking a large gulp of the martini in front of me.

"c'mon eve." cal cocks his head, softly forming a smile.

"we'll even pay you, please eve. it's kind of urgent." josh sighs, staring straight at me. my heart sinks to my stomach at the thought of seeing harry, never mind having to make conversation with him without knowing it is me.

"fine." i mutter, pouring the rest of the cocktail down my throat.

"thank you." josh grins at me and decides to buy me another drink to show is appreciation. i breathe in deeply, different scenario's running through my head at how tomorrow could end up. a sickly feeling forms in my stomach and i instantly feel tense from the anxiety burning inside of me.

the rest of the evening, i remain quiet. barely muttering a word them, desperately wanting josh to tell me they found someone else and i no longer need to worry. but i was now apart of the plan of action and i can't even bring myself to imagine what the fans would think about this. i'm just trying to do them all a favour.