24

harry

i arrive home in the evening, still in last nights clothes, cal sat on the sofa focused on some sort of tv show. "you've been out for like 24 hours." he looks up at me.

"yeah." i nod, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"so, where have you been?" he furrows his eyebrows.

"eve's." i nod slowly, taking a sip of the refreshingly cold water.

"what? how'd that come about?" he's taken aback by the mention of her name, thinking i'll say some other random girl.

"uh," i stroke a hand through my hair which feels slightly greasy, "i'll tell you soon. but i've got to shower."

"yeah, fair enough." he falls back into the sofa, watching me trudge towards the bathroom.

hopping into the shower, steam instantly surrounds me as i rest my head against the glass, taking in the hazy memories of last night. i do not regret a single bit of it. we have managed to speak like adults, even if i still behave like a youngster at heart and discussing our feelings rather than throwing insults across a room has began to repair what we had previously built. it's just asking her to be mine again, making sure i'm not making a mistake and knowing that i will not be frustrated or jealous and she can learn to trust me again.

wrapping a towel around my body, i walk into my room and sit on the edge of my bed for a moment, glancing at an array of texts from mainly ethan and lux which i have been ignoring all day, asking how things went. facetiming ethan, i pull the camera up to my face as i stroke my fingers through my wet hair. "thank god you're alive." he answers, chuckling slightly.

"of course i'm alive mate! jesus, what do you think could've happened?" i shake my head, grinning at him.

"dunno lad, just glad you're fine. anyways, what's happened?" he wiggles his eyebrows.

"well i went round -" i'm cut off.

"well i could've guessed that, you literally ran off when we told you to do something about it."

"yeah," i smile, "well we spoke and we actually discussed things rather than argue."

"that's an improvement." i nod in agreement.

"erm," i awkwardly play with my hair, "then, erm."

"then you porked her?" a laugh emerges from my chest.

"don't say it like that lad!" i chuckle softly along with him.

"but you did fuck her?"

"well yeah." i mumble awkwardly.

"get in, lad! so now what?" he questions, raising his eyebrows.

"well, i think we're gonna go out for food or something one night this week."

"so you reckon you'll get back together?"

"maybe." i answer truthfully, shrugging my shoulders as i think about how this date could go.

"both of you have got past your issues so i don't see why not."

"yeah," i nod, "anyways, i'll message you later because i should really talk to cal." i huff.

"yeah, good idea." he nods as i end the call. dragging my feet from my bed, i throw on a hoodie and pyjama bottoms, once again running a hand through my hair which has dried slightly. trudging back over to cal, i slowly sit beside him as he pauses the tv, sitting up slightly to look at him.

"so." he raises his eyebrows, sighing.

"so." i repeat him, looking down to my knees as i play with the material of my pyjama bottoms.

"look, boggo, mate, i'm really sorry for everything with eve, i stepped the line."

"it's fine," i slowly turn to look at him, nodding my head slowly, "i understand why it happened. obviously, it's frustrating. but it is what it is." shrugging my shoulders, i softly smile at him.

"right, yeah." he nods, "good."

"yeah." taking in a deep breath, we sit in silence for a moment.

"what happened last night then?" he asks, slumping back into the cushions.

"well," i fall backwards slightly, getting comfy, "we went out and we were getting along really well to be fair," i breathe in deeply, "but then the situation with you got brought up and me and ethan sort of started arguing about it across the table whilst she went to the bar and he was saying how bad it is or whatever and i was just like it's fine leave it."

"shit, sorry." he murmurs.

"yeah, it's fine." i nod, "anyways, ethan ended up saying something and she went home so i just sat there really confused, didn't really know what to do. but everyone said like we have both grown up -"

"yeah, i really think you both have." he cuts me off, but i know he's right. it reflects in eve and i, it's so obvious how much we have matured and learnt from our mistakes.

"hmm," i nod in agreement, "so i went to her's and we talked things through, it felt nice."

"good, but how come you stayed over?"

"well." i small smirk forms across my lips as the memories of last night run through my mind, the realisation of how refreshing it felt to be touching eve like that again. understanding that having sex with the same person rather multiple night stands is the best kind of feeling.

"you shagged her?" he questions, a hearty chuckle emerges from her chest.

"well, yeah." i reply awkwardly, both of us softly laughing.

"mate, she's so in love with you it's insane. what's gonna happen now then?"

"dunno." i shrug my shoulders, "i'm gonna take her out, see how things go. i just," i let out a sigh, "i just don't want to make the wrong decision."

"harry, you're not making the wrong decision," he shakes his head at me, offering a sympathetic smile, "i know that if you guys get back together, you'll stay together. you and eve have grown so much man, i've literally seen it with my own eyes."

"i guess so." i mumble.

"honestly, me and eve are just friends and you just need to forget whatever happened between us. you just need to understand that she has guy friends too, who are you friends, it's not weird or anything like that."

"i know, i know." i clear my throat, beginning to grin up at him. "i love you man." laughing, i dive on top of him bringing him into a brotherly hug.

"love you too, bog." he chuckles, wrapping a long arm around me, patting my back with his palm.