26

harry

i attempt to try and clean my room in preparation for eve coming for a 'chill day'. our date a few days ago went really well, better than i expected. everything felt natural, no forced conversation or feelings, as though we hadn't been apart for so long. it feels good to be finally cleaning the mess that has surrounded me for so long, knowing i'm moving on from the sadness.

hearing the doorbell ring, i take in a deep breath and walk to the front door. i gulp, opening the door to be greeted by a smiling eve. my eyes flicker up and down her body, barely any makeup, stood in front of me in a hoodie and joggers. "hi." she grins.

"come in, come in." i gesture inside, running my finger tips through my hair. "you alright?" i ask, both of us walking into the living room.

"yeah," she turns to look at me, "are you?"

"not bad." i nod, nervously walking to the kitchen, "want a drink? water? tea?" she giggles at my anxious state.

"tea, please. if you remember how i like it." she smiles, "i know you're a weirdo when it comes to making tea, but i like mine made the normal way." she smirks as i grab two mugs from the cupboard.

"two sugars, right?" i turn to look at her and she swiftly nods her head, leaning against the counter. i make her tea the 'normal' way, whereas i make my own my usual way, which appears way more normal to me. i pass her the piping hot drink which she wraps between her fingers, offering me an appreciative smile. "we'll go to my room." we begin to walk from the kitchen as cal walks out of his room.

"oh, hi eve." he softly smiles.

"hi cal." she sighs, awkwardly smiling at him, "you alright?"

"yeah, not bad." he nods, "i'll erm, leave you guys to it." eve walks to my bedroom before me and i quickly turn to cal, both of us grinning at one another as he winks.

"shut up man." i laugh, shaking my head at him as he grins.

"have fun." he smiles, walking into the kitchen. i go into my room, glancing at eve putting her drink down on the side and perching herself on the edge of the bed, on the side she always used to lay on. sitting on my side, i pull my feet onto the bed, my head against the headboard as i sip on my drink. she glances at me for a moment, copying my actions - i can tell she feels a bit nervous. she sits up tensely against the headboard, resting the drink between her fingers.

"what do you wanna watch?" i ask. although i'm not someone who is into watching movies or anything, i'm attempting to make the best impression of myself possible. it's a fresh start after all.

"is that you saying you'll actually watch a movie with me?" she smirks.

"well i - erm, yeah." i nod. i turn on the tv, something i rarely use and flick through a selection of movies.

"oh my god, put mean girls on." she points.

"really?" i groan, narrowing my eyes at her.

"yes!" she smirks, "i'll just go home and watch it myself." she jokes.

"alright alright, fine." i sigh, grinning at her. putting the movie on, she begins reciting more or less all the lines, "why you asking me to put a movie on you know all the words to?" i chuckle.

"shush," she turns to me, "it's a good movie." i shake my head at her, watching her concentrate on the movie she's probably seen hundreds of times before.

we finish our tea's and i shamefully find myself actually enjoying the movie. the gap between us begins to fill over time as she slowly shuffles her body towards mine every so often, til we find our bodies touching. i snake an arm around her, placing it on her shoulder as she cuddles herself into me, her eyes still focused on the tv. i find myself looking at her more than up at the tv, like i'm falling for her all over again - yet i already fell when i first met her.